I've been playing my acoustic guitar 3 years now, and i think it is time to buy an electric. I liked listening metal/rock/classic rock/blues songs, also i like guitars that are light but solid . My dad let me choose between this guitars:
1.http://www.deanguitars.com/bnds_v1/evo_xm.htm
2.http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0101200700
3.http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0101570852

I know one of you know better than I do so help me guys.
If you know other guitars that suits my liking, please tell me.

Thanks
Price range? Do you have an amp?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
^+1,

if you're gonna play alot of distorted stuff you may want to look into a guitar with humbuckers. A Les Paul is good for your music tastes I think - though they are heavy - so look into Epiphones if they suit you and your price range. Single coils (as you'll find on Strats) are perfect for shimmering clean sounds though CAN handle distortion well.

Remember always try before you buy, as an original acoustic guitarist myself there are slight changes in playability when you switch to an electric (e.g. weight, neck feel/playability). Take some time to demo a variety of guitars so you know what you yourself like/dislike. Don't rely too heavily on word-of-mouth, and online reviews.

Happy hunting! best of luck, looking forward to a VHNGD!
Don't be stuck on the idea that Metal = Humbuckers though.

Try them out, see which ones sound better to you. Though I don't play Metal, I can get some pretty good tones through the right amps and pedals with a Strat.

Try looking second hand, too - you could get better guitars for a cheaper price.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
First of all, in order to help you, we really do need to know your budget...and so do you, apparently! Those links describe guitars with radically different prices! That EVO was under $200, and the Fenders https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=22168376models were over $1000! Fender does have less expensive models- and Dean has better guitars- than the ones you listed.

Second
of all, those who tell you that you can get a lot of bang for your buck in the used market are correct, but you have to be careful. Ideally, you want to try out a used guitar before you buy it- play it, examine its condition closely. If its electric, plug it in and play.

If you have a favorite local music store, start there. If not, some chains deal in used gear as well- Music Go Round and Guitar Center both have used gear departments. While you may find even better deals in pawnshops or on Craigslist, you're better off avoiding them until you've developed a feel for what makes a quality guitar.

Third, I've owned a pair of Deans for about 6 years- a Time Capsule Cadillac and an EVO Special Select- and I love them both. But even so, I wouldn't buy any Dean under $400 or so. While you may find a nice Dean under that price, you can get a higher quality guitar for the same price with makers like Ibanez, for example. ESP is another maker whose guitars you might like, especially if you're gravitating towards playing metal.

Fourth, something else that I noted about the guitars you picked out is that the Dean is a hardtail and the Fenders are both tremolo equipped. A trem is an additional challenge to learn how to use properly and if you get a guitar with any kind of "whammy bar" you want to make sure you get a good one. Sub-standard ones can be hell on earth for keeping your guitar in tune.

Fifth, your amp is going to make a big difference in your sound. What amp, if any, do you own?

Sixth, you might also want to look into semi-hollowbody or hollowbody guitars. While not usually used in metal, they are very popular in the other forms of music you say you like. In general, they would also have acoustic sonic qualities closer to what you're used to, and will tend to be lighter than solidbody guitars- again, a factor you hinted at. Almost every brand makes some kind of guitar of this type, but Epiphone, Gibson & Gretsch are among the best regarded major makers. While by no means the best of the kind, the Ibanez Artcore line has gained a pretty good reputation as being fairly nice semi-hollowbody guitars for their price- definitely a good intro-level semi-hollow electric.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 2, 2009,
For all styles from blues to metal, and not too heavy weight, an SG type guitar would be ideal. Agile and Burny are brands that come to mind. But if you have the money, a Gibson Standard is most rewarding.
Settle on your amp first, though.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Price range? Do you have an amp?

yes, around $100 to $200 and i have no amp, but i'm planning to have a Laney amp.
Quote by llvielleill
yes, around $100 to $200 and i have no amp, but i'm planning to have a Laney amp.

You do know those stratocasters you had in your original post cost like ten fold what your budget accommodates for right? Anyway maybe you could get a cheap but solid squier for that amount of cash maybe the affinity is in your budget, but don't be afraid to go used either.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
You do know those stratocasters you had in your original post cost like ten fold what your budget accommodates for right? Anyway maybe you could get a cheap but solid squier for that amount of cash maybe the affinity is in your budget, but don't be afraid to go used either.

I tried looking for guitars at our local guitar shop, and found stratocasters with the same design, but forgot its brand. It is around $200 cause they are in sale. So i posted the same guitar with the fender brand. I will looking for a squier. thanks alot