So im sure many of you saw my last thread about my girlfriend nearly dying in surgery, link: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1224069&page=1&pp=20

Anyway, i went and saw her this arvo, shes is so sick, i feel really bad.

Her throat is so swollen from the allergic reaction, and she cant eat. Anything she does eat, she cant hold down and throws it up :/

She cant stay awake for more than 10 minutes, the falls asleep for about 2 hours+. Then when she wakes up, she cant remember anything. So she doesnt remember anything from surgery (the Friday), Saturday, Sunday or today.

So i know the pit isnt a doctor, but what am i supposed to type in google for that? Any ideas how long shell be sick for, or what is actually going on with her? Ill see her again on Wednesday, and she doesnt go back to the doctors till next Monday :/

Thanks guys
Why is she not in hospital?

and I know that hospital has the word pit inside, doesnt mean you come here for medical advice.

Also, condolences
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Sorry to hear that man. Also, she really should be in the hospital. And you might wanna keep all the updates and stuff like this in your original thread, it keeps the board from getting to crowded.
Quote by rock.freak667
The doctors can't do anything for the reaction?

As far as i know, they didnt do anything for it, they just left it and idk what happens now?

Quote by Julz127
Why is she not in hospital?

and I know that hospital has the word pit inside, doesnt mean you come here for medical advice.

Also, condolences

They sent her home 2 hours after the operation, cause she seemed fine, she was fine until late Sunday. She was just really tired all the time before that.

Come on, there has to be at least one person on UG who knows something about medicine?

Quote by i_killed_bill
Sorry to hear that man. Also, she really should be in the hospital. And you might wanna keep all the updates and stuff like this in your original thread, it keeps the board from getting to crowded.

Thats what i think, but shes not supposed to go back till Monday :/ I was gonna put in my older thread but it started to die so Sorry.
Last edited by maiden03 at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by maiden03
As far as i know, they didnt do anything for it, they just left it and idk what happens now?

I think you should go find out what caused the reaction. Next thing you know, she might accidentally do something to aggravate it.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by maiden03

Come on, there has to be at least one person on UG who knows something about medicine?

what so you can cure her? how old are you TS? jesus let the doctors do their job, the pit does not have some super doctor who can give you instructions online!
They wrote down what may have caused it on a wrist band thing they give patients, and its Therimdyl or something weird like that?

Quote by stephen_rettie
what so you can cure her? how old are you TS? jesus let the doctors do their job, the pit does not have some super doctor who can give you instructions online!

I was basically asking if anyone had an idea on how long she could be sick for? TBH the doctors did a pretty shit job, i just thank them that they kept her alive. And the pit may have that, we just dont know about him/her yet?

Oh im 16 btw.
Quote by maiden03
They wrote down what may have caused it on a wrist band thing they give patients, and its Therimdyl or something weird like that?

I was basically asking if anyone had an idea on how long she could be sick for? TBH the doctors did a pretty shit job, i just thank them that they kept her alive. And the pit may have that, we just dont know about him/her yet?

Oh im 16 btw.

well then i can assume you can read, it is against the pit rules to ask for medical advice. as for just wanting to know how long she's gonna be sick: let me get my notepad that describes all the factors relevant to the current problem your girlfriend who i and no one else on UG have met.

im sorry dude i am, it sucks your gf is sick and i know you want to help her but for christ sake talk to her parents or a real doctor or better yet, be with her, rather then talking to a bunch of strangers online.
Your girlfriend had probably never had any surgery like that b4
its always a risk for an allergic reaction ask any CRNA
there are alot of "dumb" mistakes that happen in hospitals due to paper records

i'm just a 2 year cna turning paramedic but this is the
best advice for what you can do that i can tell you.... is to tell the charge nurse about your concerns.

(every med surg/intensive unit has a charge nurse that looks over the "bedside RNs" and i haven't met a "bad" one yet)

they have the knowledge and the time to explain things in detail.
most of the ca's and rn's have around 16 patients to look over at the least (or atleast i did) and it can get pretty hectic during certain times.

give her about three days once she gets home and she should start showing signs of recovery.
for the sore throat i'd go with some of those Ricola Cough Drops or Vitamin C drops.
Excited EDIT!:^Thanks heaps mate, i told you all there was bound to be someone on here with some medical knowledge, that really puts my mind at ease alot more, thats heaps.

Quote by stephen_rettie
well then i can assume you can read, it is against the pit rules to ask for medical advice. as for just wanting to know how long she's gonna be sick: let me get my notepad that describes all the factors relevant to the current problem your girlfriend who i and no one else on UG have met.

im sorry dude i am, it sucks your gf is sick and i know you want to help her but for christ sake talk to her parents or a real doctor or better yet, be with her, rather then talking to a bunch of strangers online.

Ok, sorry mate, i didnt mean to start a fight with anyone, im just really concerned, and was just wondering if anyone had ever had something like this, or knew anything about reactions like that.

Sorry.
Quote by maiden03
Ok, sorry mate, i didnt mean to start a fight with anyone, im just really concerned, and was just wondering if anyone had ever had something like this, or knew anything about reactions like that.

Sorry.

dont do that man your not gonna make me feel bad, go see your girlfriend its all you can do.

hope she gets better.
Quote by stephen_rettie
dont do that man your not gonna make me feel bad, go see your girlfriend its all you can do.

hope she gets better.

Sorry, i didnt mean to make you feel bad, thanks mate.

Go to the doctor again and ask. The Pit does not have any qualified doctors, and even if it did they would need to see your girlfriend in person.
Quote by chaoticfables

Go to the doctor again and ask. The Pit does not have any qualified doctors, and even if it did they would need to see your girlfriend in person.

I beg to differ, what about the guy up there a bit? HUH?!

Whats his name... Backflash33
ummm no i'm not a doctor.

never said that.
if i did it would be illegal. (not stating her condition just answering what you could do)
i'm turning a paramedic from being a cna.
just clearing that one up ;-)

but yeah try giving her one of those 2 things it will help her throat out a little bit.
If Sweetcharms comes over with a box... DON'T OPEN IT!!

Nothing good can come from opening Sweetcharms box.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by Backflash33
ummm no i'm not a doctor.

never said that.
if i did it would be illegal. (not stating her condition just answering what you could do)
i'm turning a paramedic from being a cna.
just clearing that one up ;-)

but yeah try giving her one of those 2 things it will help her throat out a little bit.

I know your not a doctor, i know i tryed to make it sound like you are, but i ment that you just know a bit about medicine, and thats what i was looking for...

Quote by mystical_1
If Sweetcharms comes over with a box... DON'T OPEN IT!!

Nothing good can come from opening Sweetcharms box.

Wrong thread?
Quote by i_killed_bill
I think we should all make a big E-card for her and the whole pit can sign it

THAT WOULD ROCK!

Me and my mate made her a card today, but it was just weird drawings.