Let's keep the idea of platonic love in mind here, k chaps?

"The vows we make and the things we do as a result of our wounds only make matters worse."

When you're cycling through a million and one emotions it can be a little hard to tell which ones are right, and which ones are simply the result of your wounded heart trying to harden. While all this is happening, the most important thing, at least in my mind, is to never forget it's not all about you. The effect of your self seeking or defensive/protective actions have long term implications on whoever they include. Not to say you should have no boundaries and throw your pearls to pigs, but the polar opposite isn't much better.

"The vows we make as children are very understandable—and very, very damaging. They shut our hearts down."

To raise walls and grow callus is not healthy, it's living to stay detached and safe. To love you must love fully and without conditions. Your love is to be without expectations, even if it is just to expect your love to be returned.

'I love you, only if you love me.' Excuse me, what? You could step in that love and not get your ankles wet. Nobody would ever admit it, but people do "love" as though that is the bottom line to them.

Take yourself out of the picture. To love, you are to serve.

Thought a few of you may get something out of my current thoughts. If not, the mods will clean it up.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Last edited by Julz127 at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by Oroborous
Not sure what you're trying to accomplish, TS. But I think you're right

Just thoughts, discussion. No goal really.

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
"F*ck Plato*
-Christy Brown

That is my contribution to the thought of platonic love.
It ends up being a real pain in the ass.

Platonic love is the sort of love you have for your friends, your family, ect.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai

Sadly, isnt that against the rules?
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by touji-za-nai

Platonic love is the sort of love you have for your friends, your family, ect.

I know. =P
But I was referring to when you love someone more than that and they only have platonic love towards you, which is quite often. >_<
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I know. =P
But I was referring to when you love someone more than that and they only have platonic love towards you, which is quite often. >_<

Thank you OP for posting this, i have been so messed up by past "loves" that i really couldn't remember how to...

but this really puts things into perspective for me....thnx
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Quote by Julz127
Sadly, isnt that against the rules?

what? you can't create a thread on a topic to discuss? that's silly.

edit:
Quote by rockstar mace
Thank you OP for posting this, i have been so messed up by past "loves" that i really couldn't remember how to...

that's why I made it.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by rockstar mace

+1

I'm stickying this just so I have a reminder every now and then. I'm honestly at a point where I think I'm incapable of loving anyone anymore

/emo post
So what you're saying is, to heal your "wounded heart" you mustn't close yourself off, and that love must be given unconditionally?

you should watch The Wall by Pink Floyd.
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by consecutive e
Love is love.
Why would you love anything you didn't want to put your dick inside of?

I love buffalo chicken sandwiches, and I'm fairly certain I don't wanna put my dick in that.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Love hurts...
Love scars...
Love wounds...
And marks...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by touji-za-nai
I love buffalo chicken sandwiches, and I'm fairly certain I don't wanna put my dick in that.

Quote by Julz127
So what you're saying is, to heal your "wounded heart" you mustn't close yourself off, and that love must be given unconditionally?

you should watch The Wall by Pink Floyd.

I never said it will heal your wounds. But acting out of fear or acting out of anger only worsens the situation. Fear will tell you nothing is any different, you are undeserving and worthless. Anger will tell you that you ARE a victim and that X is less than you.

No matter what happens/happened to you, you cannot harden your heart to loving people. Be it your fellow man/woman, or the person you hope to spend your life with.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by Momentosis
Love hurts...
Love scars...
Love wounds...
And marks...

The whole reason I wrote that was because I fell for a girl and pursued her even when she put me through and emotional hell. My reliance on God and my patience in her grew me into a better, more round person. After months of waiting and patiently pursuing her, she gave in.

Sadly, a month later I found that she is emotionally unavailable. Because of her past life experiences and impressions left by a missing mother, she has walled herself off and freaked out when she felt she was 'too close' to me. Her fears became an insecurity that drove her to run from me. We are still close friends.

I feel as though what happened was unfair and unexpected, but I do not hate her.

I made the decision long ago that I would give my heart to her. Once your heart is gone, it's gone. And getting it back is hard, and hurts a lot.

If it isn't God's plan for us to be together and share life, then I'm ok with that. That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. But I will always be here for her and love her.

I will never hate her, and I will never leave her. She is damaged goods, and I want to lead her. I want to heal her. Even if it's just as a friend, and nothing more, ever.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
For some reason, i'd rather read Deuteronomy.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by touji-za-nai
I never said it will heal your wounds. But acting out of fear or acting out of anger only worsens the situation. Fear will tell you nothing is any different, you are undeserving and worthless. Anger will tell you that you ARE a victim and that X is less than you.

No matter what happens/happened to you, you cannot harden your heart to loving people. Be it your fellow man/woman, or the person you hope to spend your life with.

Only worsens? Fear and anger are emotions - motivators - developed over thousands of years of evolution that definitely can lead to good or beneficial behaviour. Every single 'negative' emotion (since nobody argues that 'positive' emotions like happiness are bad) is of this nature. The problems that arise from emotions are not in their existence, they only ever arise in their expression and regulation.

Quote by touji-za-nai
The whole reason I wrote that was because I fell for a girl and pursued her even when she put me through and emotional hell. My reliance on God and my patience in her grew me into a better, more round person. After months of waiting and patiently pursuing her, she gave in.

Sadly, a month later I found that she is emotionally unavailable. Because of her past life experiences and impressions left by a missing mother, she has walled herself off and freaked out when she felt she was 'too close' to me. Her fears became an insecurity that drove her to run from me. We are still close friends.

I feel as though what happened was unfair and unexpected, but I do not hate her.

I made the decision long ago that I would give my heart to her. Once your heart is gone, it's gone. And getting it back is hard, and hurts a lot.

If it isn't God's plan for us to be together and share life, then I'm ok with that. That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. But I will always be here for her and love her.

I will never hate her, and I will never leave her. She is damaged goods, and I want to lead her. I want to heal her. Even if it's just as a friend, and nothing more, ever.

You are not following the best path. You aren't going to change/heal anyone or lead them to a better place. And you sound like you have some sort of white knight situation playing out in your head where she is 'healed'/whatever, realises how great you are, and decides to spend eternity with you. The reality is she will be lead where life takes her, and if life takes her to a better place, she'll probably ditch you for being a neurotic with mines upon mines of repressed emotional issues.

Even if your intentions are noble, you are wasting positive energy on her. What you're doing is like throwing cash down a drain. Unfortunately it is reality that many people are screwed up beyond your help, and will not benefit from your help. Now is the time to respond to that reality, rather than to what 'should' be reality according to a confused 17 year old's quasi-religious ramblings.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
TS, you got friendzoned. bawwwwwwwwwwww
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
When you get in a situation with unrequited love, the best thing to do is either cut that person out, at least until you are over them, or control yourself, try and get over it without cutting them off, and make the best of a bad situation, try and become a kind of equal to them, and maybe see if they can hook you up with an attractive friend.

I have a friend who i went through a hard time with, but now we are very good friends, and by friends i don't mean she complains to me about her boy troubles and makes me pay for everything, i mean usually when we go out, she might drag me into a few shops, maybe make me hold a few things, but then she might pay for lunch or buy me a drink or something, and i'm sure it would work the other way round, so i like to think its pretty much equal in terms of what we do for eachother.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
So what you're saying is love is a commitment?

Are you a detective by chance?

How is love not a commitment?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
How is love not a commitment?

RinestoneCowboy said detective, not defective. He was mocking the obviousness of the fact that love is, indeed, a commitment.

You would do well to read posts more carefully.
I'm Sam
Last edited by The_Raven at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by touji-za-nai
Fairly certain?
So you're not ruling out the possibility, eh?

I guess more important question is:
After you stick your dick in the buffalo chicken sandwiches, are ya gonna eat them?
Well, are you?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Fairly certain?
So you're not ruling out the possibility, eh?

I guess more important question is:
After you stick your dick in the buffalo chicken sandwiches, are ya gonna eat them?
Well, are you?

must not make "how much do you love buffalo chicken sandwiches" thread

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)