As I now do not have an amp I am looking for one. Im open to any and all suggestions and my budget shouldnt exceed $800. This will only be for homeplaying/recording songs I write so try to stay away from 100 watt half stacks and all that stuff. I do like heavier stuff like August Burns Red but I also love stuff like Led Zeppelin. I understand most amps are known for a certain genre but I would appreciate some versatility. I also have an OD808 to throw in front of an amp if need be. Anyway just suggest any amp really and Ill check it out, thanks
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.
maybe a Marshall DSL 50
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
So the 5150 and Valveking in your profile are gone?

I'm not a fan of the DSLs, but maybe a used JCM800 combo? What about a modeling amp like a Vypyr tube 60 or Line 6 Flextone/Vetta? Would you be willing to look at used gear? What is your closest major city?

PS: Your schecter is hot
Peavy Classic 30 or 50 for the Zepplin-y stuff, but I don't know how they fare with more prog rock, so I may have to back up 311ZOSOVHJH's suggestion for a ValveKing. Probably the 1x12 one.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
So the 5150 and Valveking in your profile are gone?

I'm not a fan of the DSLs, but maybe a used JCM800 combo? What about a modeling amp like a Vypyr tube 60 or Line 6 Flextone/Vetta? Would you be willing to look at used gear? What is your closest major city?

PS: Your schecter is hot

Im glad you liked my old schecter, I sold it yesterday in fact I sold pretty much all of my gear in my profile but now im $1600 richer
I have been looking at the vypyr tube but the 6505 combo is only $150 more so I would probably rather get that. I also really like the way the orange tiny terror sounds when boosted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MpZoWsFlJQ

I live in Arizona and check craigslist all the time but nothing good usually pops up
yeah i really want to check it out but everyone keeps saying that its coming out but when? im impatient and i have no amp haha
Quote by TheBrownPenguin
yeah i really want to check it out but everyone keeps saying that its coming out but when? im impatient and i have no amp haha

I believe it's in some stores.

I'm ok with the JCM2000 amps for what you play. *flamesheild up*

But you may score an 800 or 900 combo off clist still for less than your budget, which may or may not be better for you. But there are certainly others that may pop up as well. Keep your eyes peeled.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I have looked pretty much everywhere and they say they are on "order" but its all good. If i can get a cheap Tiny Terror off ebay im gonna snatch one up
Quote by TheBrownPenguin
I have looked pretty much everywhere and they say they are on "order" but its all good. If i can get a cheap Tiny Terror off ebay im gonna snatch one up

Have you tried a Night Train?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I havnt played one but all of the videos I have watched they sound too "chimey" and im not a big fan of the gain on them but thanks for the suggestion
I also like the TT boosted, people here are on the TT hate-wagon for some reason which leads me to wonder if anybody has ever played one dimed but whatever that doesn't matter. If you like the sound of it I give it the thumbs up (I own one and frequently boost it for some heavier tones when I don't want to crank up the JCM800). It will even do some chimey stuff if you need it to on the 15 watt setting with it just at the point of breakup and some single coils, no AC30 by any means but again thats neither here nor there. If you can snag one a JCM800 is my favortite Marshall, well other than vintage anyway. I'm partial to the 2204, but even the 50 watter is loud as hell and the master is somewhat of a tone sucker. Oh yeah and I don't recommend the 1960 cab BTW. There again I'm partial to Orange but they ain't cheap.
Last edited by fretz86 at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
So if you have $1,600 then why only $800 for amp? Do you gig?

Do you have a multi account? Because I don't want to get caught talking to the same person and not know it :hahha

No I do not have more than one account and I dont want to spend more than $800 on an amp because that is alot of money for me. I sold all my gear for $1600 but I cant imagine buying an amp that expensive especially after I just bought an H1001. This is also due in part because its only for home use and recording and not gigging. If I was in a band then I might buy a dual recto or something

I think marshall JCM800's sound pretty good but I dont think ill take advantage of 50 tube watts so I just bought a brand new tiny terror head with shipping for $420 so ill shop around for some cabs. I really liked the sound and I also like how you can switch it from 15 to 7 watts. I will post pics when I get it for new amp day!
Cool.

I was getting ready to recommend the Blackstar HT5. Not a fan of the Tiny Terror but I'll look for your NAD and give you some props for getting the job done. Also, I was going to say that if you can stretch your budget to the 1,000 mark a whole new set of amps become available on the used market. Really really good amps.

Good luck,