Poll: If you could, which one of the following would you resurrect?
Poll Options
View poll results: If you could, which one of the following would you resurrect?
Kurt Kobain
12 7%
Randy Rhoads
21 12%
Dimebag Darell
12 7%
Michael Jackson
5 3%
Elvis Presley
5 3%
Syd Barrett
3 2%
Cliff Burton
27 15%
Jimi Hendrix
34 19%
Jim Morrison
9 5%
Other...
47 27%
Voters: 175.
Page 1 of 2
I'm just back from the theater - I saw Micheal Jackson's 'This is it'. MJ was one of the many artists I grew up listening to, and I truly believe that the world will not be the same without him.

Wish we could bring all the greats like him back - but if you had only one choice among the mentioned great musicians, which would you have resurrected?
Jason Becker isn't dead, but he is paralyzed. I'd want him to be able to move and play music again.
Layne Staley. Although I do like DuVall.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Hitler. I think he'd really dig the hippies.

Musicians - probably Mozart. Mozart + a computer with Finale = omg.
Last edited by blue_strat at Nov 2, 2009,
1980s George Carlin.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Syd Barrett?

What about Rick Wright?
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Quote by skaterskagg1
Jason Becker isn't dead, but he is paralyzed. I'd want him to be able to move and play music again.

+1
Kurt Cobain is probably the best choice, since Nirvana arguably peaked with In Utero and their acoustic stuff.
Randy Rhoads definitely went too early, but solo Ozzy is pretty lame...so he wouldn't be my personal choice. He was amazing, though.
Dimebag Darell went out before people started to realize how lame he was becoming, so his death really helped his cause (being immortality). I mean, Pantera after '96 is pretty laughable.
Michael Jackson, yeah it's MJ. I mean, he'd been making shit albums for over a decade and I know most people had gotten annoyed with him, so yeah...it's not 1982 anymore.
Elvis Presley....that sucka was racist. **** him
Syd Barrett would have still gone crazy, so no good. Unless you can return his brain to "normal" or whatever that means in the context of Syd Barrett, then a couple of Pink Floyd albums would be neat. I doubt they'd be much better than Piper, though, because the band really wasn't happy with him.
Cliff Burton was a huge part of Metallica's status in metal, but I feel like James was going to end up taking the band in a progressively more frustratingly commercial path eventually, so he wouldn't be that important to the band's music.
Jimi Hendrix, another guy who doesn't need to be discussed. I feel like his music was getting less great as he progressed, not that I don't love Band of Gypsies or anything, just more drugged out jamming and less songwriting. A personal opinion.
Jim Morrison is probably my number two, because his solo stuff destroys his work with the Doors. Still, he probably didn't have very many good albums left in him.

Another option is Nick Drake. He put out three stellar albums, and died after his magnum opus. No doubt he was taken too soon. Also, Jeff Buckley.
Last edited by RinestoneCowboy at Nov 2, 2009,

/thread
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Few too many to name, but a few that spring to mind are Layne Staley, Hendrix, Jeff Buckley, SRV.

And personally for me, my Grandfather, he died at 94 so he had a pretty full life, but there are things i would have liked to have talked to him about because i feel i could now more than when he was alive.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
None of them, because as soon as they were here again you would quickly realise they are not as special as the pedestal we built beneath their corpses.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Kurt Cobain is probably the best choice, since Nirvana arguably peaked with In Utero and their acoustic stuff.
Elvis Presley....that sucka was racist. **** him

Kurt killed himself, so wouldn't he again? Also, proof of Elvis's ''racism'' please...

Mine would be Chuck Schulner of Death, as he died after a slew of amazing albums. Then maybe Oystein Aasarth from Mayhem, it would also be interesting to see what he would of put out. Then John Bonham,Rhandy Rhoads and Fredie Mercury for similar reasons.
Last edited by true_bacon22 at Nov 2, 2009,
SRV. It must have been awful to have finally beaten the alcohol and drugs only to die in a freak accident
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Quote by skaterskagg1

exactly this..

a shame that a lot of great musicians are already dead, like aforementioned persons like freddy mercury and such for example, but I wouldn't want them to be alive again, since I have no idea of how important music really was for them, and how their lives were because of the fame/fortune and the talent they had..

I can imagine for a lot of those musician's lives were pretty stressful
SRV for me
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I know he's not a musician, but I'd rather like to see Kurt Vonnegut come back.
But he won't, so it goes.

Oh and...
Quote by Demon Wolf

/thread

Indeed.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Last edited by bodyheatseeker at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by RinestoneCowboy

Randy Rhoads definitely went too early, but solo Ozzy is pretty lame...so he wouldn't be my personal choice. He was amazing, though.

Randy was talking to Ozzy about leaving the band before his death and probably would have after another album or two. The first time Randy brought it up to Ozzy, Ozzy punched Randy in the face.

Also, IMO, recent Ozzy is bad. Besides Ultimate Sin (With the great track: Shot in the Dark), Ozzy had a pretty good line up of CD's with Blizzard - No More Tears.

Who knows how Randy would have changed it... Can you imagine a Mr. Crowley 2.0?

But really, I would have to say Mozart... How he would have changed the world of music and composition if he lived even 5 more years can't be said...
Quote by bodyheatseeker
I know he's not a musician, but I'd rather like to see Kurt Vonnegut come back.
But he won't, so it goes.

Oh and...

Indeed.

Quite.
Sad to see that only myself and 1 other person have voted for The King.

A beautiful man with a beautiful voice.
I'm shocked, and quite troubled that throughout this thread, nobody, and i mean NOBODY has mentioned Johnny Cash. I mean, guys...What the fuck?
^ Maybe it's because Johnny Cash had a full career? People have to die sometime. But it's not really like his life was cut tragically short.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Jeff Buckley.

He was special.

[/Thread]

A profound, prolific songwriter who could actually sing and had wicked guitar chops to boot. He could've easily been the next great, iconoclastic artist.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Nov 2, 2009,
I voted jimi hendrix but now that I think about it it would be cool if Chopin or Rimsky-Korsakov was alive.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by skaterskagg1
Jeff Buckley.

He was special.

Fuck. I agree 100%.
I love his music so much...

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ Maybe it's because Johnny Cash had a full career? People have to die sometime. But it's not really like his life was cut tragically short.

[/Thread]

A profound, prolific songwriter who could actually sing and had wicked guitar chops to boot. He could've easily been the next great, iconoclastic artist.

I'm sorry, i didn't realise that the name of this thread had changed to 'Which musician would you ressurect due to them having their lives cut short and not having a full and successful career'. And so i bow down to you, oh seer of invisible words. Your powers truly are magnificent.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
I'm sorry, i didn't realise that the name of this thread had changed to 'Which musician would you ressurect due to them having their lives cut short and not having a full and successful career'. And so i bow down to you, oh seer of invisible words. Your powers truly are magnificent.

Lulz.

Bitter much? If you don't want things replied to, perhaps you shouldn't wonder out loud (figuratively speaking).
Hi, I'm Peter
Of that list, I think the only ones that truly deserve to be alive are Randy Rhoads, Cliff Burton and Dimebag, as their deaths were completely out of their own hands. All the others with the possible exception of Barrett, I don't know much about him, contributed in some way to their own demise.

My own choice would be Frank Zappa. I know he had a lot left in him.
Page 1 of 2