Hey Guys,

New to the guitar playing and all. I have a Westone XL10. I love playing it, but I was looking to buy a second guitar. My teacher has a Epiphone Dot for sale. He is asking 330,00 Euros which is $487.35 with hard case. Here they cost around 312,00 Euros without hardcase. My teacher says its about 1 to 1 1/2 years old.

I did a practice hour on the guitar and I liked it. But the wife is under the impression that a new Epiphone would be better then the used one and the price is not what she would expect from a used guitar.

Any help I can get would be nice. Some other things I noticed on the guitar was it had DOT65 on the plastic cover for the neck screw and it goes to overdrive at after a certain number on the volume. It also says Epiphone headstock.

Thanks for your input.

John
he`s ripping you off, new they cost 295 euro therefore offer him 175 for the guitar and 40 for the case (if it`s a gibson case).

you can get a generic hardcase that will hold a 335 snugly new for 45.
That's a terrible, terrible price. Don't do it, find another one or buy new. As for the truss rod cover that really doesn't sound like anything I've ever seen on an Epiphone Dot before, get the serial no. and head over to guitardaterproject and check it, sounds a little suss.
i'd get a new teacher while i was at it, sounds like the guy's ripping you off.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
i'd get a new teacher while i was at it, sounds like the guy's ripping you off.

I agree.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Guys!
He's in Europe!
They cost about 312 euros here.
Still a terrible price, but the case is tempting.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Dawnwalker
Guys!
He's in Europe!
They cost about 312 euros here.
Still a terrible price, but the case is tempting.

There is nothing justifable about selling somethink like that for more than you paid for it wherever you live.
don`t think it`s necessary to sack his teacher if he`s getting what he wants from the learning process but as i said , definatly extortionate guitar price.
Very pricey, you can pick one up 200 or so if you look enough...with a case.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Hey Guys,

Gee what an overwhelming thought of me getting jipped...thanks for the answers. It is a 04 China model. I think I will tell him no more than 220 and nothing more. They go for 312 without case and my wif is of the opinion that I don't need a hard case. Her opine not mine.

Thanks again.
Hard cases+Semi hollows=Mandatory
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER