i change my strings about once a month and a pack of ernie ball slinky 10's cost me €10 each, whilst looking for an amp i came across a deal on a box of the same strings for €60 and it would last me a year, so i was wondering should i buy a box and use it for the year and save €60 rather than going into my local store and pay €60 more.
buy the box thats what i do
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
if you don't do a lot of gauge changes, your question basically boils down to, "should i save some money, or pay double like i'm used to doing?"
Where would someone buy a box of strings in australia? I'm tempted to buy some as i kinda cbf going to the music store.

And they're always "We'll take a few bucks for you" and they still sell it to me as the same price on the sticker >_>
Buying in bulk usually always saves you money. I always buy the boxes because I change my strings often...and I have quite a few guitars
the only reason i was asking was that i thought they could become degraded by being left for nearly a year as i only change my strings once a month
Ohh, well I always wondered this too actually, but I think it should be fine as long as it stays in the package.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
i was thinking that as i've noticed ernie balls are lasting longer now they're foil wrapped as well as being put in the paper envelopes
Quote by britishsligean
the only reason i was asking was that i thought they could become degraded by being left for nearly a year as i only change my strings once a month

ok man, but you're not really thinkng things through... do you think the store that you buy strings from replaces their inventory one pack at a time? do you think ernie ball sells thm thi way? in all likelyhood, the strings you buy off the shelf are several months (if not years for less poular brands) old. they're metal, they don't go bad like old milk. sure, they can oxidize, but steps are taken in packaging to prevent that, not to mention that most of a string's wear and tear comes from the oils and shit from your hands, not from sitting in a pack too long.