Poll: Which amp do you think is better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which amp do you think is better?
Roland Micro Cube
5 45%
Peavey Vypyr 15
6 55%
Voters: 11.
Which amp do you think is better in your opinion? The Roland Micro Cube or the Peavey Vypyr 15? The Roland is $130, the Peavey is $100. Which amp do you think has a better tone, has better effects, and is overall a better amp?

Yes, I deleted the other thread, I felt that the Roland Cube and the Roland Micro Cube were too similar to be compared anyway.

Remember, this is not a versus thread, I'm not asking which one I should buy, I'm saying which one YOU prefer.
Quote by dsan224
Remember, this is not a versus thread, I'm not asking which one I should buy, I'm saying which one YOU prefer.

That makes it a versus thread.

It's not a versus thread when you're asking which one you should buy. Therefore:

*reported*
Quote by WtrPlyr
That makes it a versus thread.

It's not a versus thread when you're asking which one you should buy. Therefore:

*reported*

It should be the opposite... a versus thread is saying "this VS this"

But something that isn't a versus thread is "which one do you like better?"

So by saying "Roland Micro Cube VS Peavey Vypyr" would not be a versus thread, but saying "Which in your opinion is better" is a versus thread?!? It makes no sense.
I have both. The MicroCube is best if you want to run it off batteries. The Vypyr has more options in the FX/amp models, and the cab is big enough to stick a 10" speaker in it if desired (w/ a little woodworking on the baffle board).
Unsure why the Microcube is winning.

I tried out a Vypyr 15 and it had some really great tones, clearer than my AD30VT. It has a bigger speaker so it'll sound less boxy.

Of course, the Microcube is portable.
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
Unsure why the Microcube is winning.

I tried out a Vypyr 15 and it had some really great tones, clearer than my AD30VT. It has a bigger speaker so it'll sound less boxy.

Of course, the Microcube is portable.

What is better for someone who will be playing at home in his room or something, usually with headphones? Since this will be my first amp and I'm not too good at guitar, I just want something that I can practice with and get better, I don't care about the size of the speaker or how loud it can go, just what sounds better.
To clear up your confusion it is a versus thread when you are directly comparing two items. Why not say,

"I'm looking to buy an amp, so far I have thought about the Micro Cube and the Pavey Vypyr. Are these good options? Is there anything else you'd recommend?"

Oh and btw, micro cube !
Last edited by EL2T at Nov 2, 2009,
I'd go for the Vypyr, the micro cube I heard really wasn't very good. (Although, it was being played by some guy, trying to play br00talz, and failing.)
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!