Hello fellas.

My brother wanted me to ask u guys for feedback.
Hes a bass player in our band.
Another bassist that we know is selling his 5 or 10(I'm not sure) years old 4x10 ampeg cab.
Do you think that he should go for it? I think hes selling it for 500 or 400 euros but we intend to bargain and it doesnt matter now anyway.

What we wanna know is if a 5 or 10 years old ampeg 4x10 bass cab in great condition is good? We're worried about the speakers.

thanks.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
use the link in my sig to get an idea

scroll to Ampeg
leave location blank
put 4x10 bass cab or model in Filter
boom

it's not the price I was talking about.
It was the sound quality that a 10 years old speakers would give.
3. You're reading now.
6. You just checked it.

Quote by hawk_kst
older speakers are more worn in, and in my opinion produce a nicer, warmer sound than new speakers, which can be harsh before they're broken in.
Quote by Kozlic
it's not the price I was talking about.
It was the sound quality that a 10 years old speakers would give.

Hey! I was just trying to help you.

Often those craigslist ads will have descriptive information that could provide information or clues. Sheeez.

Stuff like "speakers are in great shape, nice and broken in" would be good to know as opposed to "only 1 tear".

You had pricing elements in your OP, so is it a stretch for someone to assume that pricing might be factor? 2 cab models exactly the same but with a $300 pricing delta would something worth noting no?

Finally, if it is a bassist that you and your brother know why don't you just go play the frickin cab and look at the speakers?

I knew you were not from the US so craigslist and eBay may not help directly but I was also trying to give you a bump after watching your thread slip by.

PS: You always struck me as kind of abrasive so I'm done with you now.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Hey! I was just trying to help you.

Often those craigslist ads will have descriptive information that could provide information or clues. Sheeez.

Stuff like "speakers are in great shape, nice and broken in" would be good to know as opposed to "only 1 tear".

You had pricing elements in your OP, so is it a stretch for someone to assume that pricing might be factor? 2 cab models exactly the same but with a $300 pricing delta would something worth noting no?

Finally, if it is a bassist that you and your brother know why don't you just go play the frickin cab and look at the speakers?

I knew you were not from the US so craigslist and eBay may not help directly but I was also trying to give you a bump after watching your thread slip by.

PS: You always struck me as kind of abrasive so I'm done with you now.

I think hes selling it for 500 or 400 euros but we intend to bargain and it doesnt matter now anyway.

duuuh...

I'm abrasive to people that pretend to read the whole post.
3. You're reading now.
6. You just checked it.

Quote by hawk_kst
Quote by RG_FANMAN
older speakers are more worn in, and in my opinion produce a nicer, warmer sound than new speakers, which can be harsh before they're broken in.

thanks mate. I thought of that.
Its just that my brother wanted a second opinion cuz i'm a guitar player and he thought it might be different with speakers for bass.
3. You're reading now.
6. You just checked it.

Quote by hawk_kst