Page 1 of 2
So Pit, what do you think about the understanding of music/metal? Since metal is regarded as horrible noise by most of todays people, what do you think would happen if you timetravel back to past and show some people a metal recording?
Do you think, somebody would actually like it, or do you have to develop an understanding for music?

Let's say the song of our choice is a nice Thrash metal song by Testament, nothing too overly aggressive or crazy and with a decent amount of skill to it.
So no extreme brutal emocrabprogmathcore ****

inb4 getting burned alive by the church for being an antichrist.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
If you play Dragonforce they would experience it as an even more epic story than Beowulf.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
No Electricity... They would be only used to hearing naturally resonant instruments and be totally blown away. I think they would still like the notes though. Formation of Damnation kicks soo much ass.
I think they'd consider it to be very blasphemous really..especially if you play "The Devils Note".
They'd probably dislike it, as most people dislike anything completely musically alien to them. Also, they would hate anything at all anti-Christian, so that wouldn't be a good idea.
By 'show them a recording', you mean just let them see a CD?
Cos they'd probably be all like "oooo, shiny".
They'd probably think you're a descendant of Satan and burn you before you can show them
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Bear in mind that, seeing as metal would be totally new to them, it wouldn't have the stereotypical "Anti-religious" undertones it has now. Except of course for songs with anti-religious themes.
🙈 🙉 🙊

?
No, but seriously, probably this.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Thrash metal uses lots of augmented 4th intervals, which were considered evil at the time. So no, they probably wouldn't like it.

You mean Tritones? I don't know intervals in English, sorry, but I'm guessing 4th is the same as a Quarta.
Last edited by jimmyled at Nov 2, 2009,

???
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
They would call you out on the Devil's Fifth and you would be burnt for worshipping the devil.
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
You'd have to ween them into metal... I wouldn't have a clue how though with all those diminshed 5ths (or augmented 4ths depending on your outlook in life)
*shrugs* I don't know...
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I'm pretty sure they'd dance to Finntroll or Ensiferum.

+1
Viking/Epic Metal XP
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
They would go...

There's men, underground
Who have never seen the sun
But they really know how to party
Little men from underground
Who have never seen the sun
But the really know how to party

The rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Tables full, reindeer meat
And the camp fire shines and the brick walls are full candles
Tables full, wooden pints
They don't care about their sins
They just wanna get drunk and party

Long war is now past
Only good men have lasted
They need women, meat, beer and rom
Fight battle full of blood no thoughts about god they just slaughtered killed and tormented
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Killer Bob 912
They would burn you alive the second they saw you.

true

für TS:
they'd burn you for being a wizard/which or something.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Probably couldn't understand the lyrics anyway.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

I'm quite certain they'd call withcraft on you as soon as they heard the distorted guitars. They wouldn't even need to hear a tritone, they'd automatically think those were the grunts and shrieks of Satan himself.
Last edited by Whiskky at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by Argonaut
They would call you out on the Devil's Fifth and you would be burnt for worshipping the devil.

i think it's devil's third. if you're refering to a tritone that is
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by Jaykib
You'd have to ween them into metal... I wouldn't have a clue how though with all those diminshed 5ths (or augmented 4ths depending on your outlook in life)

Bill Bailey ftw.

But, I doubt they'd love it. They'd be screaming "HEATHENS!" before you even finish a song D:
Well whad'ya know, it's a female on UG. D:

Shine On, Cast A Shadow.

Quote by hugh20
i love me some fundie christian gayboys

Quote by sglover34479
<3 You = smart.

Quote by Jaykib

No, that's not right. For you see, in a Lydian mode you have the tritone with an augmented 4th while also having a perfect 5th. As for the Locrian mode, for example, you have a diminished 5th as the tritone while having a perfect 4th.

/pedantic

But I don't usually give a rat's ass if it's an augmented 4th or a diminished 5th, either. I just go ahead and call it a tritone.
Quote by Jaykib

Nice Bill Bailey reference there!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by ryand111

???

Was thinking the exact same thing.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
They'd go "WTF is this screaming? Go away, heathen."

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I'd play them some Deicide, give them a lyric sheet. They're so shit they'd probably ignore that it's vaguely Satanic and just have a laugh. And then I'd shag Joan of Arc.
I'm pretty sure Vikings would like it...

[/sarcasm]

Anyone would say you'll burn in hell (that's a good thing for death metalheads... right?) and burn you.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Strat
Roland Micro-Cube
Vikings would love it. For real.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by lespaul1216
i think it's devil's third. if you're refering to a tritone that is

Nope.
Quote by Cameronrobson
If a barn owl was fighting a tiger and flew away, it was just looking for a more awesome place to fight. This happens all the time on Dragon Ball Z.

Member 8 of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club
Quote by King Twili
Vikings would love it. For real.

A lot of people think vikings would be into viking metal but they'd probably really just go, "Våt ees thees? Vere åre min hørns and min pipes?"

Or something along those lines
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by webbtje
I'd play them some Deicide, give them a lyric sheet. They're so shit they'd probably ignore that it's vaguely Satanic and just have a laugh. And then I'd shag Joan of Arc.

This makes me sad, Deicide and Legion are great!

So to concl-
DDDEEEEAAADDD!!!!!DDEEAADD BYY DAWWWNNN!!!!DEEAAD!!! DEAD BYY DAAAAAAWWNNN!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2