I don't like how my Sratocaster sounds like and I was thinking if i should get some new pickups. If I do which do you recomend me to get or if not what should I do??
(I realize this is in the wrong section , but everyone is in The Pit so just please help me out).
Quote by rigiddigits
Not a good enough excuse. Are there zero people in the Electric Guitar forum? I think not.

I'm sure you're smart enough to answer my question then.
Im using a Line 6 Spider III and Marshall MG30FX 30 watts. I also have a cheap distortion pedal i bought at Walmart.
what amp
what sound do you want
what music do you play
what output level do you want
do you want active or passive

dude we need more info
Well there you go, upgrading your amp will give you loads better tone than upgrading your pickups, I would suggest a cheapish tube amp such as an epiphone valve jr. or maybe a fender blues jr. or something. I'm sure other people will have better sugggestions...

But bottom line, before uppgrading pickups, upgrade your amp
Quote by JayLacelle
what amp
what sound do you want
what music do you play
what output level do you want
do you want active or passive

dude we need more info

Well I try my guitar with other amps and it sounds like crap. And i recently bought new strings(XL).
yeah seriously we cant really help you with what your giving us.

A line 6 spyder?
A cheap distortion pedal you bought at WALMART?

seems like you have bigger problems than pickups
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Its probably your guitar bro.
Is it a starcaster? or different?
you see i have a guitar and everything sounds like crap.
Quote by Metallisuck
Its probably your guitar bro.
Is it a starcaster? or different?
you see i have a guitar and everything sounds like crap.

yeah good point there

Whats the make and model? Is it a real fender strat? Or did you buy a cheap crappy one at walmart

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Okay I like playing Metallica-Megadeth range and my guitar sounds crunchy and wierd.
I have the Spider and the Marshall I mentioned earlier. Maybe I need different pedals but i tried it out with different amps it still has a fuzzy sound.
i give up

Nice ^^^

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood

Quote by Doctor Matthews
No my guitar isn't a cheapy at Walmart. I just bought the distortion pedal because i was in a hurry.
Quote by Killer Bob 912
Well I try my guitar with other amps and it sounds like crap. And i recently bought new strings(XL).

pickups make minimal difference in a guitar rig, if your guitar sounds like "crap" then you need to get one that you actually like. and btw (xl) is not a type of string.
Quote by Killer Bob 912
(I realize this is in the wrong section , but everyone is in The Pit so just please help me out).
Nope. UG has separate forums for a reason.
Please use the right forum for the topic or don't make a thread.

Thanks

*reported*

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.