I spent the whole day going round music shops...here are a few things i tried for anyones perusal.

Blackstar Series 100 (100w & 200w)

didnt really like anything apart from the cleans. a bit of a jack of all trades but for the money you would be better off getting an orange and a 6505 or something. pretty fizzy..i couldnt put the gain very high. the dpr power reduction seemed decent but not for me.

6505+ 112 combo

apparantly the first one in the country. it sounded the same as a normal 6505+ to me i really couldnt see or hear anything inferior to the usa made one. very good buy (hoping that it isnt as unreliable as the bugeras )

Ibanez s5470

really nice guitar, very well setup and the build quality was flawless. having said that this is a lot more than my s470 so i would personally prefer bareknuckles in there and a local setup rather than paying that money but i did enjoy it a lot.

Ibanez RG A32

I thought the body on this axe was very nice. Mahogany was very solid. Its let down by its cheap feeling neck. Doesnt give the guitar good resonance at all, and also they have went with it unfinished which just feels crap rather than a satin finish or something. Bridge was pretty unstable. Good value guitar but if they had just added some nicer touches here and there they could have doubled the rrp.

also Wampler II OD pedal

pretty insane little pedal...like the brown sound in a box. very handy if you dont want to take your amp to gigs and practice because it is very very close to the evh sound imo.

(all i bought were some jazz 3 picks! i was actually looking for a synth but it was good fun anyway )
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Nov 2, 2009,
nice, now go back and give us some videos of the 6505 112. i really wanna hear this thing growl :P
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
you tried all that... and you didn't buy any of it...*hits over the head with a newspaper* bad boy!.lol j/k.. how were the cleans on the 6505 and the distortion.. i'm looking to purchase one soon but it's gotta have badass distortion and bright... or atleast decent enough to sound good cleans
I'm really glad to hear that the Peavey doesn't suck...I can't wait to try one out. Wouldn't buy it...but I still want to see if it lives up to the hype and/or the head versions.
Quote by Trecion
nice, now go back and give us some videos of the 6505 112. i really wanna hear this thing growl :P

i was gonna actually bring my camera to do it but i felt self conscious enough playing smoke on the water and enter sandman all day !

The cleans on it are decent. Not great but not bad.
Quote by MetalGuitarest
you tried all that... and you didn't buy any of it...*hits over the head with a newspaper* bad boy!.lol j/k.. how were the cleans on the 6505 and the distortion.. i'm looking to purchase one soon but it's gotta have badass distortion and bright... or atleast decent enough to sound good cleans

It's about the same as the head and 2X12. Sounds smaller though, due to the small enclosure. I'd swap the speaker for sure though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by MetalGuitarest
well it doesn't have to be like really bright... but the cleans have to be good enough that they sound decent.lol..

the bugera has a lot better cleans actually but you take the chance with them lol
btw wich country did you find that 6505 112 and what shop? :P
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
Quote by Trecion
btw wich country did you find that 6505 112 and what shop? :P

Some local stores have gotten them in. As far as I know GC hasn't.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Those Wampler pedals are great. I'm surprised you found one in Britain. What shop was it?

Cool to see someone who has input on the new Peavey. There was so much hype around that amp, that if they f*cked it up, they would really f*ck it up.
i'm surprised there aren't any youtube movies up yet except the one from the musikmesse
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
i know a guy who works for the peavey uk distributor so it was in their offices in Northampton. The wampler was secondhand some guy selling it privately.
nice reviews, good selection there. I haven't tried any of that stuff, but I'd like to get to try those wamplers too. Sometimes you just get lucky with second-hand stuff, even if you don't want to buy it it can often let you try stuff that you otherwise couldn't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?