14 19%
Joe Satriani - Always With Me Always With You
22 29%
Joe Satriani - Love Thing
5 7%
Other - Please State.....
20 27%
Voters: 75.
Okay Fir of all sorry if it's on the wrong section. Didn't know where to put it.

So as the title says: What song should I play for a univeristy audition? I'm playing for an audtion in BIMM, i still have to tell them what day and stuff but it should be withing 2-3 weeks.

Rules:

They should be up to 4 min long no longer. (Audition rules)
It should be in Standard tuning. (I don't wanna mess with tunning so yeah)
No metal please (I think they would frown upon it)
I'm mildy dyselxic, so i find it hard to learn something hard, so please no easy song but nothing too hard.

Yeah. Polls comming soon.

Thank you.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Pink Floyd - Another brick in the wall
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
What the hell is "univeristy"?

Edit: I read the last line, sorry man.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Kensai
Pink Floyd - Another brick in the wall

Thanks please keep comming more
Quote by Ed Hunter
What the hell is "univeristy"?

Edit: I read the last line, sorry man.

First of all, good luck!

Second: Another brick in the wall would be a good choice... Or a bit of Hotel California.. but I dunno
Try Johnny A's Oh Yeah, its good, its jazzy- which musical institutions have a hard-on for- and it isn't too hard. Also, the solo has plenty of room for improvization.

Best of all, it sounds impressive.
Quote by Haedadru
I suggest nicola teslas powered radiation death ray mounted on an orange, top secret, neo-nazi flying swastika

What?
i played When the children cry by white lion for mine.. and got in.. mind you that was a few years ago.. but it worked well, great acoustic/finger picking song
Mono by Fightstar, amazing fingerpicking.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I was currently listening to Always With Me, Always With You when I clicked here; so thats a sign that you should play it.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
BIMM? are you going for the brighton or bristol option?

either way, good luck man, i hear they're awesome for developing musicians.

I like the idea of "another brick in the wall", plenty of opportunity for adding little licks of your own, to show improvisation and variety.
Quote by Stud_Muffin
BIMM? are you going for the brighton or bristol option?

either way, good luck man, i hear they're awesome for developing musicians.

I like the idea of "another brick in the wall", plenty of opportunity for adding little licks of your own, to show improvisation and variety.

Yup! Thanks.
I wouldn't do limelight. I mean learn the song, it's killer, but don't do it for your audition. I'd say go with a classical piece, something from Andres Segovia. That'll earn you more respect than any shredding would ever get you.
I was thinking Always with me always with you, before I clicked the thread. You now have 2 signs saying that you should play it.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Another brick in a wall is a good option, because you can add improv and show what you can do. I suggest getting extremely tight with the rhythm and add your own phrases etc.

Or play a jazz standard and make it your own, add walking bass, improv, get into it and play it perfectly. Something like "A night in Tunisia" if you can get it down.
Black Stallion Jam by Marty Friedman and Jason Becker.

EDIT: It's easy-ish, I suppose. If you want to do a more technical song, definitely do either a classical piece, or something shreddy. Try Liberty by Steve Vai, it's fairly easy to learn the majority of it. You can just learn the key and then just sort of improvise over the end if you want.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Last edited by woodenbandman at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by wizards?
I wouldn't do limelight. I mean learn the song, it's killer, but don't do it for your audition. I'd say go with a classical piece, something from Andres Segovia. That'll earn you more respect than any shredding would ever get you.

Wise words.

I was asking my music teacher about this one day and he said that jazz or classical would probably be the best choice (I suppose because rock is kinda... erm... simple)
Stillborn-Black Label Society

I'm not talking about the electric version that everyone has heard. The acoustic version has a lot of depth and mood to it that they may appreciate, especially if you can improv a nice solo to either a backing track or have someone play it with you (if they'll let you).
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?