I walked into the local music shop today, and found what appears to be an Ibanez S Prestige of somekind.
Theres a chip on the body, which will be repaired and I found a crack on the back of the neck, which I didn't have time to ask about but will assume is being fixed too.

Heres a pic of the guitar, although its not this exact one:

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss244/Mattraffan/Ibanez.jpg

(Linked the image as its fairly big)
Now If you guys would be great, I need help finding the exact model and estimated price for this?
It has Seymour Duncan p/ups of somekind with a licensed FR.
They guy is asking for £479 for the guitar, with a hard case after repairs.

Does this sound like a good deal or something I should steer clear of?

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: The guy also has an Ibanez SA Series SAS36FM with £390 with minor scuffs on the headstock, what are your thoughts on that price and are they a quality instrument?
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
Last edited by Casually_Spoken at Nov 2, 2009,
I can tell you this ....its not a FR its going to be and Edge trem... Ibanez doesn't use FR
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
yea and i doubt theres seymours on it to...unless they put em on themselves cause ibanez uses DiMazio's
The guitar is second hand, so in all likelyhood they were swapped by the previous owner
Those are definitely not Seymour's. By the logo, I can tell they're Ibanez stock, part of the INF pickups.

I say the guy is ripping you off, big time. That other guitar you mentioned goes for around 400 quid new, so asking 390 for it is ridiculous.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
The picture I linked isnt the guitar the guy is selling, its just a picture I found on the internet of the same guitar
:/
Well that changes everything. Could you possibly provide us with pictures of the guitar being sold?
it's all coming back

I may be able to get hold of some soon, but not tonight.

Obviously from the picture I provided its a little hard to tell about the bridge, but it says "licensed product of flloyd rose" along the bottom of the bridge. Does this sound anything like an Edge bridge system?
Yeah, Edge's say that. It can get confusing sometime, especially to someone not familiar with Ibanez trems.

If he's asking £479 for it, and it's an S Prestige series, with SD's, then I'd say it's worth it.
it's all coming back

Thanks for your help! I'll try and get some pics within a day or two and bump this thread so you can have a further look at it. The only thing that really concerns me is the damage to the neck, but I'll get some good pictures of that to get a more informed decision from you guys
I've found the model, I think.

Closest thing I can find is the S1625TKS (2004 model?)

Does that ring any bells with anyone?

EDIT: Sorry double post!
Well, that fits exactly with the picture that you linked. If it is that model, then that is a very very good price. Get it. Even with the neck cracks (Which will most likely be easy to repair), it's a great deal.
it's all coming back

Awesome I'll still try and get those pictures anyway. Thanks again for your help
If it has a d-tuner on it, then it's a S1625TKS. Otherwise it's something else.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
As it'd only just come into the shop the guy wasn't sure what it was lol, I've narrowed it down to either a S1625TKS or a S1220TKS
Judging by the trem type, the one you linked to originally is the S1220TKS.
Still a good guitar. Went for around $1200 or so I believe.
it's all coming back

It isn't a S1625TKS (no d-tuner) or a S1220TKS (made only in 2002 and didn't have a ZR)

Pictures of the actual guitar in question would be good. I'm not even sure how you're able to post pictures without knowing the model.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...