everyone knows that china is growing relatively quick. according to many theories, a hegemon (currently the US) is bound to fall after reaching its peak and another hegemon is to take its place (many assuming China). i don't know why, i can't seem to picture a world in which China is the hegemonic country. it is not that i have a prejudice towards China, but its just that the impact that the US had is too great. i don't know, i can be really ignorant right now. what do you fellow UGers think? when do you think China will hold the position of hegemon and what do you think China has to do to right now to get to that position?
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Ahhh China...

Wait. China?!
We're doomed!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

HEDGE, MON!

Said a Scottish person to me once.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
it sounds like someone just got out of a political science class and is showing off.
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
China will become the economic power one day.

Then Western world will start making cheap stuff.

Then will will become the economic power.

Then China will start making cheap stuff.

Then China will become the economic power.

Then we will start making cheap stuff.

(only if we have unlimited resources)

Basically whoever cracks fusion power first. More money into science plz.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
It could be argued that the US isn't really the hegemonic country it once was, with North Korea and China being quite powerful.
Quote by holybassbatman!
It could be argued that the US isn't really the hegemonic country it once was, with North Korea and China being quite powerful.

North Korea?

North Korea is a dirt poor country with an inability to construct nuclear armaments that could reach any of their enemies other than Japan.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
the US will probably fall to someone, just not china. correct me if im wrong but the US gave china's public jobs(no matter how shitty they are). i think their economy relies to much on us to take the lead
Quote by Ed Hunter
North Korea?

North Korea is a dirt poor country with an inability to construct nuclear armaments that could reach any of their enemies other than Japan.

This lol

serious what has fox news been feeding you?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
China could take over by running a state-sponsored scheme to raise female children for poor families. They would then sell the children to wealthy Americans as sex-slaves, and the children would eventually kill their masters and take over.
Quote by Ed Hunter
North Korea?

Really because last time I checked they posed a real threat to the US that the Americans just don't know how to deal with.

The USSR wasn't exactly rich but during the cold war they were holding the balance of power. Living conditions of the general population and money don't mean they aren't a threat.
I believe India may wish to have a voice in this discussion.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Really because last time I checked they posed a real threat to the US that the Americans just don't know how to deal with.

The USSR wasn't exactly rich but during the cold war they were holding the balance of power. Living conditions of the general population and money don't mean they aren't a threat.

true.
Quote by Jackal58
I believe India may wish to have a voice in this discussion.

Yah, they are getting very rich very quickly.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by -tempest-
true.

The USSR had thousands of Nukes, millions of people under its army, and the best military.

It was funding states like Egypt, China, Vietnam and North Korea with arms.

It could also fund revolutions in Cuba.

They spent their taxes on the military, not on social welfare schemes or economics.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
OH NO! Annie, get your gun! It's not like the US can do much anyway.

Most global power shifts are quite violent. When the time comes there may not be much that can be done but that won't stop Annie from grabbing her gun.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
but that won't stop Annie from grabbing her gun.

i'm sorry, but who is Annie?
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Quote by toogoodd
i'm sorry, but who is Annie?

A euphemism for red neck America.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by holybassbatman!

The North Koreans pose more of an indirect threat to the US. Did you hear about their missile tests a few months back? They were epic fails to say the least. The real problem with North Korea is that Kim Jong Il has no qualms with selling nuclear technology as well as other arms to less than stable regimes around the world. This contributes to the overall tension and discord in the world which is a threat to the US.
Quote by holybassbatman!

the fact that if they tried to invade america they would get their asses and kicked they are too busy with south korea

if they tried to nuke america they will need a missle that can actually hit america and not alaska even the tests they did were a fail even if they did make a missle it would just get shot down
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
You are stupids.
North koreas people are poor, thus meaning that their money goes into military and such.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by toogoodd
everyone knows that china is growing relatively quick. according to many theories, a hegemon (currently the US) is bound to fall after reaching its peak and another hegemon is to take its place (many assuming China). i don't know why, i can't seem to picture a world in which China is the hegemonic country. it is not that i have a prejudice towards China, but its just that the impact that the US had is too great. i don't know, i can be really ignorant right now. what do you fellow UGers think? when do you think China will hold the position of hegemon and what do you think China has to do to right now to get to that position?

i don't think China will take the same hegoministic approach as the US, too many 'power blocs' have developed to stop the US. China is taking the wiser approach of offering very favourable aid and investment that is also apolitical- as oppose dto the US who us things liek aid and food as a weapon.

one only ha sto look at south america to see this, they are now very hostile to the US and have turne dto Russia and China for investment and military protection

America makes itself appaer richer since it can spend more money than the USSR could, however all that money was borrowed, the USSR didn't borrow money.
also GDP is not an accurate measure of wealth, income desperity in the US is huge compared to what it was in Russia.
also North Korea is not a credibal threat to the US but to regional stability
Last edited by imthehitcher at Nov 2, 2009,