Well Christmas is coming up, so I was thinking on what to get..

I LOVE stratocasters, super strats Ibanez esque, etc.

I'm into Metallica, Iron maiden, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Megadeth, Chilli Peppers, Slayer etc. (I like heavier stuff ala Opeth, Dream Theater, Athiest, Death but I don't usually play that on guitar) so I don't know what to get..

I really want a normal Fender strat, yknow, maple neck, single coils, sunburst or vintage white, but that'll be a bit silly for metal..

So I'm quite into this:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=80188

rosewood fingerboard but oh well, its only aesthetics, and its not DEFINATE that I just want a maple neck, so I dunno..

It has the floyd (is it good quality?) and the humbucker, its very Maiden esque, so good for metal I thinky, plus its still stratty ( ) for the whole blues/jazz/funk I'm into, (Didn't mention that earlier did I ). Is there anything else that is like what I'm looking for (Strat but if its good then a super strat of some sort would be cool, like an Ibby or something).

Budget is erm, around £500 give or take a bit, so giving me replies of shizz that is like 600 + is pointless. I want NEW please

inb4 amp, I know I've only got a Roland Cube, but I'm gonna be upgrading to something like a Fender superchamp XD (Is this good for my genres, especially metal?), so CHILL
Quote by Lollage123
Well Christmas is coming up, so I was thinking on what to get..

I LOVE stratocasters, super strats Ibanez esque, etc.

I'm into Metallica, Iron maiden, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Megadeth, Chilli Peppers, Slayer etc. (I like heavier stuff ala Opeth, Dream Theater, Athiest, Death but I don't usually play that on guitar) so I don't know what to get..

I really want a normal Fender strat, yknow, maple neck, single coils, sunburst or vintage white, but that'll be a bit silly for metal..

So I'm quite into this:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=80188

rosewood fingerboard but oh well, its only aesthetics, and its not DEFINATE that I just want a maple neck, so I dunno..

It has the floyd (is it good quality?) and the humbucker, its very Maiden esque, so good for metal I thinky, plus its still stratty ( ) for the whole blues/jazz/funk I'm into, (Didn't mention that earlier did I ). Is there anything else that is like what I'm looking for (Strat but if its good then a super strat of some sort would be cool, like an Ibby or something).

Budget is erm, around £500 give or take a bit, so giving me replies of shizz that is like 600 + is pointless. I want NEW please

inb4 amp, I know I've only got a Roland Cube, but I'm gonna be upgrading to something like a Fender superchamp XD (Is this good for my genres, especially metal?), so CHILL

I think that is probably the best guitar for you if you know how to set up a floyd rose. I don't think you should get the Fender amp, maybe try a Marhshall or a Spider Valve?
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Yeah, I'm gonna look into how to set floyds up way before I buy it (if I do.)

What Marshall/Spider Valve?
The Fender amp isn't that bad, you could get it. If not, Blackstar HT-5 should be able to get the distortion you want, and if it doesn't, you could get one of the Blackstar HT- distortion pedals, as they are awesome.
How much do you have to spend for the amp?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
You can check out some Japanese Jacksons (Pro series, X - series), if you want an alternative to the guitar you picked out. They have a strong midrange, and at this price point they build a good product. They have decent licensed floyds, decent pups (most have seymour duncans) and their build quality is well done.

As for the guitar you are looking into, it seems to fit your needs perfectly.... always try before you buy though!
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
around 300 give or take, so I guess thats small valve combo territory

What super strats are there?
ESP (or LTD depending on the price) has the Horizon series, Ibanez has the RG, and Jackson has the Dinky or Soloist models.

Most come with some form of a floating tremolo, two humbuckers, and an extended cutaway with increased higher fret access.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
For that price of amp, you could look into a Marshall Class 5, Blackstar HT-5 Combo, Blackheart Little Giant Mini Stack. Any of those should be able to get you at Iron Maiden, not sure about Megadeth or Slayer without a distortion pedal though.

As for other super strats, you could look into a Washburn X50V Pro, if you can find them. I don't think they've been released into the UK yet though.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
You also gotta think if your gonna gig with the amp you're buying cause a 5watt Blackstar wont do you any good.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
i have just bought myself a nice fender strat cos i dont play much metal but a played a nice ibanez sa series the other day that i would reccomend if you're into metal. light, nice fast neck and beautiful sound
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
assuming having a floyd isn't a dealbreaker, the yamaha pacifica 812v, and various godin and lag (the jet; ok, it doesn't look much like a strat) superstrats would all be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Right, thanks for the brilliant replies guys, I'll get back to you as soon as possible, just a quick query, the X50Vpro, how is it different from the normal X50/ X50 FE?
assuming you're looking at this one:

http://www.washburn.com/electrics/x-series/

looks like it has a floyd. and duncan pickups.

the normal x50pro has the duncans and tune-o-matic/strings thru body bridge, while the FE has the same bridge but EMG pickups, and a flamed maple top instead of quilted.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Here's an alternative you might like

http://www.tcellisguitars.com/guitars4sale.html
Nice price even if its a little way from a Strat/superstrat style.

But you could talk to him about
Also 10 "Stratocasters" with Mahogany Body's
Flamed Spalted Maple Tops, Maple Necks
with your choice of Hardware and Pickups.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

That washy is beautiful. Original Floyd is definitely a bonus, as are the seymour duncans. I have the same set up on my Jackson and if you want to play music, they're right for you. Doesn't matter what genre, the '59 / JB setup will do it. I've used it from post-hardcore deathcore all the way back to eric clapton. Aesthetically, very unique looking. The only turn off to me is the price tag but if you have the money for that, I'd say go for it.

Wait, just noticed something else about it. No fret inlays. =/ If they're important to ya, that's going to be a dealbreaker. If not, great!

But an HSS strat, I don't see why not. So long as you can work a floyd, that'll do metal with the right amp. It's got a bridge humbucker, and that's all a guitar really needs for metal. The rest is in the amp.

p.s. Your roland cube really isn't a bad amp at all. If you absolutely must get another amp, either go tube amp + distortion pedal, or judging by your musical tastes, Randall (if you can afford it).
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Actually, I think the rosewood fretboard is exactly what you want... it's gonna sound a bit rounder and deeper and go better with the pickups...just my opinion...but maple is a bit bright and poppy sounding even though it does look good.

Beware, many find FR bridges difficult to maintain, they are very cool to have, but take some getting used to and not for everybody.

Nice guitar and perfect for your musical taste if it works out.
~JP~