put my phone in my bag yesterday and some water leaked onto it and now it doesn't work. Dried it off but it wont turn on properly unless its plugged to the charger, and even then it gets to the screen where you choose flight mode or normal and then just turns off.

i took the battery out and its not wet or anything so i dunno what to do, any of you guys had this problem? its a sony ericson w850

thanks
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I personally prefer 33 A.D. when they finally killed that bastard Jesus.

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Sounds like the battery is wet. There should be a little test strip somewhere on it. If it's all red or pink, it's water damaged and you probably just need a new battery. If you can find one somewhere on the inside of the phone, and it's red or pink, your phone is water damaged and you'll need to start saving for a new phone
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
nope far as i can tell the battery isn't wet and im not sure if there is a water test thingy on it but there is a small white patch which i think could be it. it turns on for about 10 secs and then goes off
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I personally prefer 33 A.D. when they finally killed that bastard Jesus.

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Put it in the Oven.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
let it dry for a few days first, dropped my phone in a pool once, it took a few days but it ended up working again. take the battery and everything out and leave it all to dry. don't try plugging it in yet.
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.