from searching some threads most people have suggested to jump straight to the g400, but i can get the g310 for £40 NEW. So if i use the money saved to possibly upgrade pickups (not sure its worth it) is it a worthy buy or waste of time? this is an upgrade from a starter pack squier for my bro. I play a DK2 so not much of an upgrade there
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
the reason people are suggesting the g-400 is that you get more for your money, and i can tell you that the g-400 is an amazing guitar, i can't put it down, and it sounds good aswell with the stock pickups.
£40 new (doubt it )probably 2nd hand (i sold one for £45 3rd hand earlier this year)

they`re £175 new in dawsons,

if you can get it at that price go for it.....
the g-400 is MUCH better! read reviews online and you'll see that for yourself. i myself have been looking online for an SG and EVERYBODY says to get that.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
Quote by ibanezgod1973
£40 new (doubt it )probably 2nd hand (i sold one for £45 3rd hand earlier this year)

they`re £175 new in dawsons,

if you can get it at that price go for it.....

my local store has an event on soon where some of there lower end gear is going for £40 not a great selection but the g310 caught my eye

http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/events/n129.aspx
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
if you actually read what it says, it`s a first come first serve basis, you need to be the 1st customer buying a 310 on that day to get it at that price, otherwise you pay full whack.
i was under the impression its only 1 per customer rather than one in the whole day, that's fine im gonna have to be there early then!! So final thoughts G310 better than starter pack squier?
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

Better for metal and rock yes, but I'd say the squier would probably be better quality, saved for a g-400.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Uggh I hate these types of sales. Anyway I wouldn't honestly get the G310 I've got one and there's too many flaws on it to be used as a main guitar just save up for the G400 or use the G310 as a backup.