I have a Line6 Echo Park, and for whatever reason, it will generate a lot of static-y noise whenever it's on (there is no noise when it's off). It never had this problem until it was in a house fire and got wet with some pretty nasty water.

I have cleaned the pedal as much as I could, but I couldn't get it to come all the way apart without fear of breaking something.

Would cleaning it even get rid of the noise problem? Would I be better off to add an NS-2 (or similar pedal) to my effects loop? Or is using this pedal a lost cause?
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Quote by *kill'emall*
I have a Line6 Echo Park, and for whatever reason, it will generate a lot of static-y noise whenever it's on (there is no noise when it's off). It never had this problem until it was in a house fire and got wet with some pretty nasty water.
I have cleaned the pedal as much as I could, but I couldn't get it to come all the way apart without fear of breaking something.

Would cleaning it even get rid of the noise problem? Would I be better off to add an NS-2 (or similar pedal) to my effects loop? Or is using this pedal a lost cause?

thats probably it. unless it was a $200 + pedal, toss it
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Yeah.. It was $150, so I would like to try everything possible before tossing it.
Quote by Duane_Allman
Quote by Twist of fate
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
At this point, I'm really more curious as to if putting a noise suppressor in my effects loop would get rid of the noise?
Quote by Duane_Allman
Quote by Twist of fate
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
thats hard to say, it would certainly help. But if there is serious damage to any capacitors or anything on the board then idk. All i can say is to try. Borrow a buddy's NS-2 or something.

If it is a small capacitor or something you could always get a new one and solder it on there. idk just a thought.
Last edited by VishNuRoXoUt at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by *kill'emall*
At this point, I'm really more curious as to if putting a noise suppressor in my effects loop would get rid of the noise?

wait...are you talking about suppressing the noise from the Echo Park? Or something else?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
wait...are you talking about suppressing the noise from the Echo Park?

Yeah, I want to get rid of the noise from from the pedal.
Quote by Duane_Allman
Quote by Twist of fate
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]