Sorry for the re-post, I couldn't figure out how to change the title in my old thread.

Ibanez SZ520 stock (has ibanez pups) with Hard shell case. -$250

ESP LTD H-302 comes with SD pickups(type unknown, but they are upgraded to some model of real SD) and Sperzel locking tuners, no case. -$275

Other: keep looking (I can spend $250-450)

I play Megadeth, Maiden, AC/DC, Sabbath, etc.
I have a blackstar HT-5 amp.
Both have mahogany bodies, the LTD is neck-thru, the SZ is set-net(or is it neck-thru?, I've seen both said), the LTD has better pups. (I would probably spend $130 and up the SZ to jb/jazz)
Last edited by ninjab at Nov 2, 2009,
unless it`s a special deal the store is running the ibby doesn`t come with a hard case they`re sold separatly, the only ibbys that come with cases are prestige.

and it`s a set in neck.
Sorry didn't state this, both are used pretty good conidtion. So yes the ibanez comes with the case.
I have an SZ520 with JB/Jazz and it rocks! Worth finding out exactly what pickups are in the LTD though.
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
Quote by ahsoo
I have an SZ520 with JB/Jazz and it rocks! Worth finding out exactly what pickups are in the LTD though.

He thinks they are "Custom 5", but all they say are Seymour Duncan and he didn't install them so no way to tell for sure.

So which is better? I don't think I will be able to try both, because if I try and don't buy one they will probably sell it to someone else.
Can't compare it with the LTD as I haven't played with one, or with any other LTD's actually, but the Ibby definitely plays Megadeth, Maiden, AC/DC and Sabbath well. $250 is a good price too, I got mine for about $450 used (I live in Estonia though).
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
Last edited by ahsoo at Nov 2, 2009,