So i'm looking for a 7 string guitar.. my favorite that i've seen so far is the Ibanez Xiphos 7 string. The problem is no music stores near me carry 7 stringers so i havent been able to try any out. But i'm pretty sure the X is the one i want. Could anyone who owns or has played the Xiphos 7 string tell me how it is, if its worth the price ($900) and what other 7s are good? thanks
You live in Long Island and you can't find a guitar store that carries 7 string guitars?

Don't buy without playing it. Would you buy a car without driving it first?

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
it's a pretty good guitar, holds up well, but at some of the higher frets, the lower horn on the X really digs into your hand. I would suggest saving a little extra and getting an RG1527 (~$1200) or a Dean RC7X ($1000). Both good guitars, but i would recommend the Ibanez more.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
look at Agile if you want a 7 string, but don't really want to pay as much money. that way, you have money left over to replace your MG.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
be wary of pointy guitars...
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
^But that doesn't have 7 strings.

TS, look into second hand ibanez, they're hell of a lot cheaper, on the whole. They are great, though. If you can live without the Xiphos shape and find a second hand Rg1527, rg7620 or rg7621 (If you want a fixed bridge), then go for it. I don't see many second hand Xiphos 7s around, though you could strike lucky. Keep an eye on the marketplace over at sevenstring.org.
Update: Travelled 2 hours to the city to try said guitar. Instantly fell in love. Thin neck = awesome for shredding, heavy riffing and everything in between. Pickups are decent enough untill i can upgrade them. Wicked distortion, decent clean sound. Plays just like a 6 string. Love the body style and paint job, now my Jackson warrior has a daddy. Acquired kick-ass new axe. Problems: strap pegs seem to be missing, didnt realize till i got home that there are just tiny holes where they should be. And made in Indonesia.. where the F&F is that??? I thought good guitars were made in the USA or Japan like my warrior? Oh well, overall i'm pretty happy.. just going to have to figure out what to do about the strap pegs
Quote by freekbone
Acquired kick-ass new axe. Problems: strap pegs seem to be missing, didnt realize till i got home that there are just tiny holes where they should be.

You should've looked. Invest in straplocks

Quote by freekbone
And made in Indonesia.. where the F&F is that??? I thought good guitars were made in the USA or Japan like my warrior?

Indonesia is a country in Asia. The majority of today's guitars are made in Indonesia or similar countries due to inexpensive labour coupled with cheaper parts = many guitars made on the cheap.

Although saying that, all the Ibanez guitars I've played that have been made in Asia have played just as well as alot of USA or British made guitars. So don't worry too much.

EDIT: Bear in mind that Ibanez is a Japanese company, so naturally they will mass produce in either Japan or somewhere in Asia.
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
i have a xiphos 7 for sale if you are interested, i will post a link, i will have it on ebay by tomorrow for around $700