Hey forum, sup. So...

What would you giuys choose, an american standard strat or an Ibanez PGM 300/401?

The reason I ask this is because im not sure which I would like from my dad. I'm not even sure if there are any PGM300's available in Canada, i've done a bit of looking on musicians friend and such.

I'm not sure what to get because i'm in love with my Squier Telecaster and would really enjoy having a strat. On the other hand, Paul Gilbert is my idol and I like the PGM series.

Oh and.. Stupid question but... Would I be able to install a floating bridge on a strat? You know, a bridge like an Ibanez or something? Im such a noob.

EDIT: lol big fail when it comes to proper spelling. Too lazy to fix.
Quote by Magicant
Hey forum, sup. So...

What would you giuys choose, an american standard strat or an Ibanez PGM 300/401?

The reason I ask this is because im not sure which I would like from my dad. I'm not even sure if there are any PGM300's available in Canada, i've done a bit of looking on musicians friend and such.

I'm not sure what to get because i'm in love with my Squier Telecaster and would really enjoy having a strat. On the other hand, Paul Gilbert is my idol and I like the PGM series.

Oh and.. Stupid question but... Would I be able to install a floating bridge on a strat? You know, a bridge like an Ibanez or something? Im such a noob.

EDIT: lol big fail when it comes to proper spelling. Too lazy to fix.

you would have to cut/extend the trem cavity quite a bit for a floating trem to fit

I would say get a Strat, but tbh if I had the choice I'd probably go for the PGM
I have a strat and I like it but between the american strat and a PGM I'd go with the PGM
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
well.... tbh, try to look into future, what you'll be playing.

I'd take the PGM though. Floating trem (although a pain in the ass to tune and change strings) is great and 24 frets can sometimes help. Pups rule, trem is one of the best Ibanez has to offer.
Marshall MG15DFX
Line 6 Spider III
Squier Strat Standard
Ibanez RG350EX
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah