I have been using the locking tuners from GFS on my douglas, an its been staying in tune just finefor the most part, but I use the stringing method on here when I do. After doing some searching, apparently, thats wrong with locking tuners. I just pull it through the whole, lock it, tune to pitch and cut, correct?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Joe - I honestly don't know. Please ask in the Guitar Set Up and Changing Stings Sticky in EG?

Personally, I would think a tie wrap would work well with a locking tuner but I've never owned a locking tuner so I can't think personally.
Quote by JoePerry4life
I have been using the locking tuners from GFS on my douglas, an its been staying in tune just finefor the most part, but I use the stringing method on here when I do. After doing some searching, apparently, thats wrong with locking tuners. I just pull it through the whole, lock it, tune to pitch and cut, correct?

I would think that would suck down the road if you needed to tune your guitar or god forbid drop to standard C tunings
Yes that's correct. Just bought a new Schecter Classic with locking tuners and i thought it was strung wrong at first, but yes you insert the string, pulling as tight as possible from the bridge, then lock the tuning peg from underneath by screwing the whatever thingy bob tight, wind to pitch with the main tuning peg then cut the string at the root with about half a wind around the peg.
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
They are locking so dont need any wraps etc. Pull em reasonably tight clamp the string and tune.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I would think that would suck down the road if you needed to tune your guitar or god forbid drop to standard C tunings

I like C standard!

And Drop B

Yay!
I get locking tuners next month!
Hopefully, bye bye tuning issues!
Quote by unet
I like C standard!

And Drop B

Yay!
I get locking tuners next month!
Hopefully, bye bye tuning issues!

Blocked trem = 'bye bye tuning issues.'

Also I can sound like Buckethead WITHOUT a whammy bar.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Blocked trem = 'bye bye tuning issues.'

Also I can sound like Buckethead WITHOUT a whammy bar.

Whammy pedal?

I'll also look into trem blocking.
Wouldn't putting in 2 more springs do pretty much the same thing?
(i have 3 in atm)