First matters first, I plan on selling a few items (most likely on ebay) and wasn't sure on reasonable pricing. Here are the items, and what I thought would be reasonable.

Marshall mg15 dfx - $75
Ehx metal muff - $60
Marshall guv'nor 2 plus - $30
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (good condition) - $300

Next, I'm not completely sure I'm selling the epi, but if I decide I do I'd need to find a new main guitar. I play on a Crate Palomino V32. I play anything from eagles to pink floyd to metallica to rush. So I'm looking for something versatile. The might issues I have with the les paul are that its very heavy, the finish on the neck makes it slow when your hands sweat, and after many adjustments the g-string still sounds like its never in pitch.

So, I'd like a lighter, strat or super-strat shaped guitar, preferably with a faster neck. I like guitars that come with decent stock pickups. I absolutely HATE floyd roses or floating bridge tremelos, etc. So, most Ibanez's are out of the question. I'd like to keep the price under $600.

A options I'm thinking about are a schecter c1 (the ones with duncans,) a fat strat or tele, or really anything anybody suggests.

Sorry about the lengthy post, Thanks to anybody that responds!
try polishing the neck.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
A Schecter sounds like something you'd want, or an Ibanez RGA.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
godins are bound to be worth a look. They make a load of non-locking trem-loaded superstrats around that budget.

I'd suggest looking at yamaha and lag too, but I don't think you can get the higher-end yamaha pacificas in the US, and I don't know if you can get lags at all.

I think a superstrat (or fat strat) is a good call for that wide of a range of tones. you have a lot of options, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No I don't own one but I've spent a fair bit of time playing them and they are excellent, pretty much blow any import strat out of the water. Very nice guitars. May not be your thing but worth giving a play for sure. I also highly recommend the PRS SE line which I do own. IMO PRS has the best non-locking trem on the market. Pretty versatile too.