Has anyone noticed the growing amount of Rap artists that are nicking the famous Crazy Train riff and then looping it for their own songs.

Hollywood Undead have done it for their track "undead" and I heard my sister playing some other track by a different artist where they had taken several samples from the song and then randomly added them into their own track.

I don't know any single person that listens to Crazy Train and does not like it but what possess them to use it in a rap song? Isn't it also disrespectful to both Ozzy and Randy for the actual effort they put into the song as well?

Anybody's view on this topic would be much appreciated..

Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Sampling =/=Plagiarism
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
Sampling =/=Plagiarism

yeah, although this is quite unfortunate in these cases.
-no sig-
Quote by CTFOD
Sampling =/=Plagiarism

I have to agree with this, sampling is the backbone of Hip-Hop, old school hip hoppers did it with old funk stuff etc, and today they use all sorts of music, metal included.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Pics of your sister.

Now see, this is where the real problem lies.. the lack of pics to support your claim of having a sister.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Pics of your sister.

+2 hopefully.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
So no one has a problem with hip-hop artists sampling other peoples tracks and then using that tracks to become more commercially successful?

Man that sucks..

Oh and admirations to the jokers who enjoy making gags about my sister, very orginal.
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Last edited by Headcrusher! at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by DeltaFunk
I have to agree with this, sampling is the backbone of Hip-Hop, old school hip hoppers did it with old funk stuff etc, and today they use all sorts of music, metal included.

Metal wasn't off-limits back then, either. Public Enemy's song "She Watch Channel Zero" samples the Angel of Death riff.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
You just need to get a license to do it, even if the band denies you permission you can get something called a compulsory license and do it anyway. It costs money to do so, I hope you all know. You can't just do this stuff for free, the original artists usually get a royalty cut or a large cash payment up front.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite