I have an Ibanez RG370DX and have had it for awhile and I'm tired of hassling around the floating bridge for the Drop C tuning cause I have to constantly lock the nut and unlock, etcetcetc. to get the strings to CGCFAD. Is there an easier way to do this? I would appreciate ideas and techniques as I go from one tuning to another with this guitar about every few hours in the evening.
Block the trem.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Do you want to be able to change it from whatever tuning you have it in now to drop c and back? Or do you just want to change it to drop c and keep it like that? With the first case, Id suggest blocking the trem. But with the second case, (keep the locks off the nut for this whole thing) cross tune all of the strings to drop c, streching each one as you down tune them, then after all of the strngs are where you want them, strech them all again and re-cross tune them. Repeat this until they stay in tune.

I have an rg370dx too, so I know how hard it is to change tunings with the edge 3. Good luck!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Alright, I'll try the cross tuning, cause' I intend on leaving it locked until new strings are needed during its daily tune up. Thanks!
i dont know what tunings you like but another option is. get a d tuna. tune your guitar to Dstandard. use the dtuna to go to drop c. and a Capo at the second fret can give you standard E or Dropped D
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
That won't work on a floating or low profile Floyd...the Edge 3 is both those things.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I did the cross tuning and its kinda a pain since the strings go up as I down tune, vice versea, etc. And yeah, a D tuna won't work. My trem floats, so other strings tune up or down depending on other strings' positions and such.