Basically, earlier today a friend came over to jam. Whilst jamming, near the end, the strap on my telecaster failed and it fell to the ground. Fortunately it was carpeted so there weren't any huge dings or anything. Unfortunately the very first thing to hit the ground and absorb most of the impact and weight of the guitar was the volume pot. Physically it looks fine, both above and below the control plate, but there's no point turning it clockwise at which it stops, it refuses to turn counterclockwise at all, and unless I hold it in a certain spot on it's turn there's no sound, and when it's on it's full-blast.

So, essentially, has this fall killed my volume pot, and if so, as long as I'm getitng a new one, would it be worthwhile getting a push-pull pot for in-and-out-of-phase switching?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
is the hat level with the body of the guitar, remove it and try turning it,just to make sure the pot is ok it could be the hat rubbing against the body.

sry if the grammar is bad but if anyone mentions words like knob the13-15 yo kids get all immature and giggly(such is UG).
Quote by ibanezgod1973
is the hat level with the body of the guitar,

It appears to be.

remove it and try turning it,just to make sure the pot is ok it could be the hat rubbing against the body.

The pot or the knob?

sry if the grammar is bad but if anyone mentions words like knob the13-15 yo kids get all immature and giggly(such is UG).

I'm 15, and I don't act such just at the use of the word knob. Or a lot of other double entrendes, but that's besides the point.

Done. It looks just like it did last month when I removed it to polish the front of the guitar, including the sections of the control plate that would be covered by the knob, before a gig. Nothing has changed cosmetically.

The impact may have caused the shaft of the pot to get jammed. Pull the knob off and try giving it a little encouragement with a pair of pliers. Not too much, just enough to see if you can get it loose. For the push/pull, you need to make sure your pickups are 3 or 4 wire.