Caparison !!!!!!!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
umm Caparison for less than 800? that seems unlikely. Iwould say look into some used Ibanez guitars. You should be able to find something you like from there. Im not as familiar with the models as some other people here are but they have the specs you listed.
Quote by minchew
umm Caparison for less than 800? that seems unlikely. Iwould say look into some used Ibanez guitars. You should be able to find something you like from there. Im not as familiar with the models as some other people here are but they have the specs you listed.

Haven't seen one with no tremolo though
what about the schecter blood moon? its not HSH... its HH but its coil tapped so that might work?
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
Quote by Van Noord
Caparison !!!!!!!

LOL going to be waiting a long time then. FWIW I don't think Caparison even produced any model in HSH only HSS or HH.

Anyway you could always just block the tremolo on an Ibanez guitar and treat it like a hardtail it's a hell of a lot easier to do that then search around for a guitar that meets your demands now.
Ibanez RGA42FM
Washburn X50
PRS SE Custom 24 (has a strat style trem which you can just block and never bother with)
LTD EC401VF
LTD H401FM w/Duncans

Just a few models that you might want to check out yourself.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Ibanez RGA42FM
Washburn X50
PRS SE Custom 24 (has a strat style trem which you can just block and never bother with)
LTD EC401VF
LTD H401FM w/Duncans

Just a few models that you might want to check out yourself.

The PRS is out of my budget and don't like that style of guitars.. The EC only has 22 frets. I've heard Washburn guitars are unreliable and the other LTD I could only find it in a horrible blue. Thanks for the suggestions bro

What about Shecter Blackjack C1?
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
I was thinking about the Blackjack C1

That's probably what I would go with.
Schecter
Guitars!
Schecter are very flavour of the month (yes, there's a "u" in flavour) but it's hard to go past the Ibanez gear.
Proper Aussie spelling!

Schecters don't do it for me. Every single one I played was nice, but it wasn't great. I like great guitars. My Ibanez felt fantastic, it still does too. You might like Schecters.

Just go play a bunch. Don't listen to the net's opinion on guitars, your hands are the judge.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
Budget: 800$ MAX
No active pickups
NO TREMOLO
H/S/H configuration
Used or new
24 frets

Bands i like:
- For Today
- Between The Buried And Me
- August Burns Red
- Dream Theater
- Steve Vai
Win.

I'd suggest Ibanez. They have a lot of passive HSH 24 fret guitars. My friend has one (I'm not sure what exactly though)
Quote by 1nSingularity
Win.

I'd suggest Ibanez. They have a lot of passive HSH 24 fret guitars. My friend has one (I'm not sure what exactly though)

I thought about Ibanez but i haven't seen any without tremolo.. and the nick is kinda uncomfortable to my hands
Hardtail Ibanez with a max budget of $800?

The RGT42FXQM, through-neck hardtail with a flamed maple top, it has splittable pickups (the stock ones, anyway) and a 5 way switch.

I have one in green.

I dont think you'll find any HSH Ibanezes with a hardtail.

Schecters just dont do it for me, the necks are uncomfortable and the styling just isnt my taste.

JB from ABR plays an RGA121 (last I heard) and Paul from BTBAM used to play S series Ibanezes until they switched to PRSes.

I dunno how much youre trying to get those band's' tones, but ABR uses EMGs, and BTBAM used EMGs too until they switched to DiMarzios for Colors.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Last edited by Mitochondria9 at Nov 7, 2009,
Quote by Mitochondria9
Hardtail Ibanez with a max budget of $800?

The RGT42FXQM, through-neck hardtail with a flamed maple top, it has splittable pickups (the stock ones, anyway) and a 5 way switch.

I have one in green.

I dont think you'll find any HSH Ibanezes with a hardtail.

Schecters just dont do it for me, the necks are uncomfortable and the styling just isnt my taste.

JB from ABR plays an RGA121 (last I heard) and Paul from BTBAM used to play S series Ibanezes until they switched to PRSes.

I dunno how much youre trying to get those band's' tones, but ABR uses EMGs, and BTBAM used EMGs too until they switched to DiMarzios for Colors.

Yeah but I'm not a fan of EMGs.. They sound so sterile, I'd rather have SD Blackouts..
Quote by ljohn

Schecters don't do it for me. Every single one I played was nice, but it wasn't great.

Exactly how i feel. They're sorta nice, but they just feel generic. They may look really cool, but they're nothing special. (With horrible headstocks)
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Quote by EVH92
Exactly how i feel. They're sorta nice, but they just feel generic. They may look really cool, but they're nothing special. (With horrible headstocks)

What you recommend then?..
Quote by EVH92

haha that's the opposite of how I feel with ibanez. they're good guitars but they look generic and have horrible headstocks

but then again looks are all about opinion
I like the looks of the J-Custom Ibanez's. Still generic but a sexy generic.
Why not just block the trem or w/e?
Quote by ScoutPilfer
I like the looks of the J-Custom Ibanez's. Still generic but a sexy generic.
Why not just block the trem or w/e?

I'm not really familiarized with that I don't own any guitar with tremolo, since I don't really like them or find them useful..
Quote by mschief923
yeah the setup that you are describing is totally an Ibanez. Go for it.

... I think Ibanez has lots of models
And still, not familiarized with blocking tremolos and how does that work.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
It does not have a H/S/H configuration

You do realize that an H-S-H hardtail is exceedingly rare on production models right? Then you have to factor in your budget and the other features you want,which makes it even more rare,maybe even nonexistent.

You'll most likely have to settle for H-H or H-S-S.A hardtail RG with a pup swap and coil splitting would probably be your best bet.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.