Page 1 of 4
What musicians do you think get unfair criticism (for any reason)?

Phil Collins is a good drummer and singer and has written decent tunes and been in a good band but a lot of people hate him because he replaced Gabriel.
I've never heard anybody hate on Phil Collins...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Me, I am a very underrated musician. Just because I'm simply godlike when I pick up a keytar. Everyone is jealous and I'm very selective as to who I will play for.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Twist of fate
Axl Rose, I mean seriously the guy is awesome and I love him.

He's one heck of a singer. Well he was. No one can replicate how he sings. He has a unique strong voice.

The dudes just turned into a prick.
blink-182.

It was a lot of people's gateway into the music they like today, and tbh, they are still ****ing great.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Jazz lovers hate Kenny G for no good reason, it's not like he constantly plays out of tune, recorded himself over a Louis Arnstrong record or is generally uninventive or bland in his music. I mean who does Pat Metheny think he is for hating on him so much.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Sometimes I think most criticism should just be dropped, one person can love what another hates, it's all opinion. Music can't be bad, unless the creator is a total n00b.
Quote by SteveHouse

then you must not watch south park.

Actually a lot of people dislike Colins because he's nowhere near as good a songwriter as Gabriel was.

Miley Cyrus is one of the most briliantly gifted guitarists of all time, I have no idea why she gets so much shit from people.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by sinan90
Jazz lovers hate Kenny G for no good reason, it's not like he constantly plays out of tune, recorded himself over a Louis Arnstrong record or is generally uninventive or bland in his music. I mean who does Pat Metheny think he is for hating on him so much.

He is the Puff Daddy of jazz music.
Quote by WyldChylde
blink-182.

It was a lot of people's gateway into the music they like today, and tbh, they are still ****ing great.

This, I actually listened to them yesterday.
creed
*braces for impact*
their new album is pretty damn good actually
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS Hollowbody II w/ Piezo Blue Matteo
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE
Fender John Mayer Relic strat "the black one"

did i mention i like PRS?

20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Actually a lot of people dislike Colins because he's nowhere near as good a songwriter as Gabriel was.

Miley Cyrus is one of the most briliantly gifted guitarists of all time, I have no idea why she gets so much shit from people.

lol nah
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by SteveHouse
Dude, Phil Collins gargles my balls.

His music is just so cheesy.
TBH these guys do.

I hate them as much as the next guitarist, but in 5 years they will be obscure.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
He is the Puff Daddy of jazz music.
More like Vanilla Ice or Right Said Fred, really. A true master.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by kashuul
This, I actually listened to them yesterday.

And the put on one hell of a live show. Not musically, but show-wise, I thought they were better than Van Halen.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Animal Collective

Seriously, go to any video of theirs on youtube, about half of the comments will be profanity filled rants on how "Animal Collective is destroying music."
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
TBH these guys do.

I hate them as much as the next guitarist, but in 5 years they will be obscure.

But they get more positive critisism than negative so it's okay to hate them.
I really think AC/DC, Alot of people like them, and just as many people hate them.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

I know...Miley Cyrus is just insanley gifted...the way she plays chords on the T.V is so complicated her fingers arent even touching the strings...my god
------------------------------------------------------------------------
your insane, but reasonable
Might be suicide, but Nickelback.
I know, they're incredibly crappy now, but I got into them way earlier, and their old stuff is a lot better (in my opinion).
But I really hate what they are now.
Currently Looking For:
NES: Zelda (Gold Cart), Metroid, Ninja Turtles Series
N64: Mario 64, Majora's Mask, Harvest Moon
Quote by The Madcap
Dude, Phil Collins gargles my balls.
I've had my balls gargled. Quite a pleasurable experience, that.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Might be suicide, but Nickelback.
I know, they're incredibly crappy now, but I got into them way earlier, and their old stuff is a lot better (in my opinion).
But I really hate what they are now.

I also agree with this, they had a pretty good album that I had a few years back.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Animal Collective

Seriously, go to any video of theirs on youtube, about half of the comments will be profanity filled rants on how "Animal Collective is destroying music."

**** anyone who doesn't like AC.

I think that most people have lost touch of who and what are changing the music scene, and AC are one of the biggest bands doing that today.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Animal Collective

Animal Collective suck, everyone who likes them are just a bunch of elitist hipsters trying too hard to appear deep and different.

Sum 41, probably the most musically talented(not best) pop-punk bands ever.
Last edited by daeqwon10000 at Nov 2, 2009,
jack white when it might get loud came out

linkin park, maybe?
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by bellamy_morello
jack white when it might get loud came out

linkin park, maybe?

I liked linkin park, but after meteora it seems like they aren't even trying anymore.
Quote by kashuul
I liked linkin park, but after meteora it seems like they aren't even trying anymore.

i agree theyre coming out with a new album some time next year hopefuly it will be more like their old stuff
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by BrashPersona
He's one heck of a singer. Well he was. No one can replicate how he sings. He has a unique strong voice.

The dudes just turned into a prick.

I'm gonna get some heat for this, but...

Peter Gabriel.
Quote by sinan90

I know, Pat has done nothing revolutionary to his instrument. At all. Kenny G is the master and has totally brought the saxophone into a new light. Trust me, the Jazz community wouldn't be the same without him.

Quote by daeqwon10000

Sum 41, probably the most musically talented(not best) pop-punk bands ever.

I miss Sum 41 when they were musically talented.
The moment Brownsound leaves, the Suck commences. Coincidence? I think not.

They have absolutely no balls on the [most recent] record. It's sad to think that they are the same band that once recorded "All Killer No Filler".
Quote by WyldChylde
blink-182.

+100000000 your awesome for saying exactly what i was going to post
Page 1 of 4