Hey, I'm John.

Played guitar for about 4 years and play a large amount of genre's of music but right now I'm really wanting to join an alternative rock band that's influenced by bands like; Foo Fighters, Lostprophets, Alexisonfire, Nirvana (I know it's grunge and not alt. rock but influences aren't always in the same genre), Breaking Benjamin and Papa Roach.
I know these are all different ends of alt. rock but influences can be from anywhere and helps keep things different.

I've been in bands before that are mainly metal but never really got into it enough to get into gigging as I got bored of the music played.

Anyway, I'm hoping to be playin with people of a similar age (from 16 to around 24 is preferred)

Well, thanks in advance
Gear:
Guitars: Jackson RX10D
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Cort Z47
Adam Black Libra Extreme

Amp: Line 6 Spider III
Bugera 6260-212 Combo
I am in the same boat as you i want to start a grunge/alt rock band but cant find any members, i am in liverpool to and weirdly i am called John as well.
How long have ya been lookin for?
and lol it also says on ya profile that you're only 10 days younger than me too :P
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Cort Z47
Adam Black Libra Extreme

Bugera 6260-212 Combo
i have been looking since i started playing so like 2 years n that is kinda spooky isnt it
ah bloody hell, been lookin for a while then. lol yeh it is spooky
What sort of stuff do ya play then?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Cort Z47
Adam Black Libra Extreme

Bugera 6260-212 Combo
some nirvana, some alice in chains, some pearl jam, bits and pieces of some foo fighters songs etc n ive been trying to write my own stuff lately, so grunge with hints alternative stuff.
ah sounds like pretty good influences towards the grunge aspect there, and writing your own stuff is gonna be the best to go about gettin the right mix that you want too so it sounds cool
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Cort Z47
Adam Black Libra Extreme

Bugera 6260-212 Combo
Hey, im also in liverpool, ive already posted a thread. I have a drummer, and a possible bass player. Same interests as you guys, lookign to form an alternative rock band.

Gear:
Epiphone les paul
Washburn paul stanley model
Telecaster
Kramer Vanguard
hey man, I read your thread then and it seems like we have got near enough the same interests music wise. How long have ya played guitar for?
I'm not much of a singer myself tbh but I may know someone depending on if they are as good as they say they are.
where abouts in liverpool do ya live? and how old are ya?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Cort Z47
Adam Black Libra Extreme

Bugera 6260-212 Combo
sorry for slow reply, forgot about this.
around 2 years, quick learner though, got used to it pretty fast. and Im 17, what about you?
Ermm i live in maghull, sefton area. you?
no problem man.
I've been playin for around 4 years and I learnt pretty quickly myself. I'm a fairly decent lead player if that's the sort of thing you're lookin for like, but I have been tryin to get better at singin lately even though I don't see much of a change in the level I'm at right now. lol.
and I live in Fazakerely which is about a half hour bus ride from town but can get to near enough anywhere I need to really.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Cort Z47
Adam Black Libra Extreme

Bugera 6260-212 Combo
oh and I'm 18. 19 next year. Forgot to add that bit :P
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Cort Z47
Adam Black Libra Extreme

Bugera 6260-212 Combo
sorry again, i keep forgetting about this. Hha, well we could meet up asomewhere for a jam sometime, do you know anyone else interested??
haha no worries, I forgot about it myself. and yeh sounds cool
if your still up for it that is
and I dont know anyone tbh man
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Cort Z47
Adam Black Libra Extreme

Bugera 6260-212 Combo