Looking for a good, powerful Rock amp for 8-900$. Probably gonna need to be a combo if I want it to sound good. I found a JSX 212 for about 900, and a Randall MTS 212 with one module for 800. These are my two main opinions at the moment. Any other ideas? I love Marshall's "crunch" sound, usually.

Edit; Details:

-8-900$
-Classic Rock, Blues Rock, Hard Rock, Metallica metal, Clean
-At least two channels (Or One with an on-board booster)
-Very versatile
-Sound reasonably good at low volumes as well as high
-Tube
-Onboard Reverb a plus
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
Last edited by Phantom123 at Nov 2, 2009,
JCM 900? Kinda like the modded 800s most 80s metal/modern rock bands use.

I don't know how nice the Marshall Haze head/cabs are, but again, for Marshall sound, try it out and find a 2nd opinion.

old block-letter 5150?
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
used vetta?
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
Peavy 30 or 50, or a ValveKing. I don't think the Peavey has 2 channels, and I don't think it will be able to do Metallica-esque metal well, but it's cruchy stuff is top notch and it's cleans are pristine.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Are you willing to go used?

Is this for bedroom use, jamming with friends, gigging, or a mixture of the three?

If you're willing to go used then look into a:
Peavey JSX
Carvin V3
Line 6 Vetta II (if you're into modeling amps)

The Randall that you mentioned is a decent amp. I tend to see the RM100's (the MTS 212's bigger brother, in head form) in a lot of metal rigs - but lets face it, Randall is more of a "metal amp" company. However they do make some nice clean and lower gain preamp modules to go in those amps.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Are you willing to go used?

Is this for bedroom use, jamming with friends, gigging, or a mixture of the three?

If you're willing to go used then look into a:
Peavey JSX
Carvin V3
Line 6 Vetta II (if you're into modeling amps)

The Randall that you mentioned is a decent amp. I tend to see the RM100's (the MTS 212's bigger brother, in head form) in a lot of metal rigs - but lets face it, Randall is more of a "metal amp" company. However they do make some nice clean and lower gain preamp modules to go in those amps.

Mixture of the three. The JSX would sound great, but I can't help thinking it's too loud. I don't think I need that much headroom, but it sounds like everything I want in an amp, audibly
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
JSX is a great amp, I heartily recommend it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I would recommend the Randall MTS but only if you have a bit more money to spare. One module won't get you much versatility.

If you want versatility though go for the MTS and save up for other modules.

If you need something now. JSX is hard to beat .
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
The JSX should suit you well. And don't worry about the volume, tube amps really don't sound like crap at low volumes. Just not quite as good as they do when turned up a bit.
I have a huge fear if rays.
i think the jsx is not as good sounding as the xxx
i find it a bit fizzier, and more compressed

that being said, the jsx is still awesome
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
i think the jsx is not as good sounding as the xxx
i find it a bit fizzier, and more compressed

that being said, the jsx is still awesome

The funny thing about the amp is Joe had Peavey build him this amazing sounding (imo) amp, yet he still uses external dirt boxes for his distortion sounds.
i know (facepalm)
the jsx and xxx are underrated, imo
everyone in my area seems to hate them
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The funny thing about the amp is Joe had Peavey build him this amazing sounding (imo) amp, yet he still uses external dirt boxes for his distortion sounds.

I always thought that was weird... maybe he just felt the clean channel just worked very well with pedals (which is true) and wanted that. Also I think it's weird that his signature amp is a such a high gain amp when his tone isn't. But uses stomp boxes anyway.

Also, I've seen the JSX described as a mix between American and British sound. Whether that's true... whatever, I don't care what the classification is I love how it sounds.
I have a huge fear if rays.