I posted a thread about this a couple months ago about changing my bridge pickup in my Squire Classic Vibe 60's Strat to something more beefy, since the stock one is kind of weak and a bit too honkey-tonk for me. I got a suggestion to link the bridge pickup to my middle tone pot, which I did, but still the problem didn't quite get solved.

So anyway, I heard about the Seymour Duncan SSL-5 in a review in the new issue of MusiciansFriend and I was intrigued, since it's supposed to have a beefier tone. I think that the SSL-6 is supposed to do the same thing.

So what do you think? Any other suggestions?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Line 6 AX2. So I can get pretty much any sound under the sun.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
I like the Duncan Design Detonators I pulled out of my Schecter and popped into my Squier, but your mileage may vary...

I get the feeling that's not the sound you're going for though.
So would the SSL-5 or SSL-6 fit me better?

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Do you want a beefy single coil type sound or more of a humbucker type sound? Any specific tones you like so we can have a reference?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Like a beefier single coil sound. I want it to still be a bit trebly, but not have that sort of fat sound that humbuckers have. I want it to be almost a middle-man.

I can't really think of any specific sounds.

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Last edited by lkngro at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I have a Custom Custom and I consider it bright for a humbucker. TB11.

Have you heard a Distortion? lol