hey guys. i own a fender strat and i've been wanting to get more of a hard rock tone out of it. are there any mods u can do to the pickups to make them more like humbuckers without having to replace them? thanks!
The only thing I can think of would be to add a baseplate to the bridge SC. It would make it a bit punchier with more mids and less highs. You're not gonna get a real humbucker sound without a pickup swap though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
If you want to get a humbucker sound, then the closest thing you'll get to it is by getting a stacked or rail pickup. There's not too much you can do to get that kind of sound by changing your EQ, though boosting your bass and mids would help.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
you can get an effect board. some have humbucker sound to them. boss m-70 is good for many things like this. something with preamp settings on it. but you can like said before equalizer your sound to get deeper sound.
this is what my pickups look like now. would there b any way i could replace those with humbuckers, change them, or have them modded in any way to get the tone im looking for?
Attachments:
IMG_1548.JPG
Quote by tom708
what amp you using?

i'm running it thru a JTM45. im trying to get an acdc/led zep tone out of it. i can get close but i think i would be better with a pickup mod or something like that
Check under your pickguard. Most modern Strats have either a swimming pool route, HSS route or HSH route. If yours has any of those, just get a new pickguard and you can swap in a bridge humbucker and a neck humbucker if it's the HSH or swimming pool. It won't quite be AC/DC or Led Zeppelin but it'll be as close as you can get without a set neck guitar.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by dlguitarmaster7
how can i tell which route my guitar takes under the pickguard?

Did you open it up yet? Here's some illustrations that explain what it should look like. They call the swimming pool route the universal route. http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Bodies/Options/PickupRoutingOptions.aspx
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

ok i just opened it up. heres what i looks like on the inside. looks like an hss. theres also the back of the pickguard. how would i go about inserting a humbucker in that bridge pickup slot?
Attachments:
IMG_1552.JPG
IMG_1553.JPG
You'd buy a new pickguard or you could route that one if you really want to save the $30 or so.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT