Why do you guys prefer so much normal amps over the rack pre amp+power amp thing?

Speaking for myself, i like to use analog pedals and it's easier to set them up with a normal amp.

However, i feel that rack stuff are alot easier to move around and have slightly more tone possibilities.

Your toughts?
Well, for one, rack systems are typically a lot more expensive. There's no right or wrong way, it's just what you want to do with your rig.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I dont run rack amps, but my stuff is in a rack
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
personally i find (most) rack gear sounds too "digital" and "synthetic" for me. I've a big fan of vintage guitar sounds and you can't get that from rack gear.
I think rack effects are great with a good midi controller, it's a lot easier than tap dancing, as for rack amp setups, I want something like an engl pre-amp or even a (lordies) fractal axe-fx to make my carvin brootalz or more versatile.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I use the regular ol' head + cab setup but I personally think that rack gear opens up a whole new world of versatility.

Neither is better than the other - its all just about what you're after.
Quote by JayLacelle
personally i find (most) rack gear sounds too "digital" and "synthetic" for me. I've a big fan of vintage guitar sounds and you can't get that from rack gear.

A lot of people famous for using racks do have very hi-fi, processed tones, but if you look at players like Brad Paisley, Billy Gibbons, Andy Timmons, and John Mayer (who all run racks) you will see that it doesn't have to be digital. Some people use racks simply for Midi switching of effects.

I certainly would like to think I have a more vintage tone. (I only use a rack for effects, amp, and patch switching).