I tore a tendon in the knuckle of my third finger about three weeks ago, and it has been swollen a bit while its been healing. I've been playing guitar as much as usual these last weeks (1 hour a day, average) My question (kinda dumb) is if I should stop playing so much and let it heal or continue playing and let it take its time? Thanks
If it hurts, then stop. If you feel fine, go for it. Im not a doctor but i think if you move around your finger it could actually help heal a bit faster
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
Quote by hippieboy444
I tore a tendon in the knuckle of my third finger about three weeks ago, and it has been swollen a bit while its been healing. I've been playing guitar as much as usual these last weeks (1 hour a day, average) My question (kinda dumb) is if I should stop playing so much and let it heal or continue playing and let it take its time? Thanks
Looks like medical advice you're asking for.
Ask your doctor.
Maybe working it won't be a problem.
Maybe you'll slow the healing process.
Maybe you could cause permanent damage by not giving it time to heal.
Unlikely anyone here is qualified to advise you about this.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Looks like medical advice you're asking for.
Ask your doctor.
Maybe working it won't be a problem.
Maybe you'll slow the healing process.
Maybe you could cause permanent damage by not giving it time to heal.
Unlikely anyone here is qualified to advise you about this.

This.

Although (assuming this is your fretting hand), if it is bad for your finger, I'd this time to mess with a slide.
These guys are right - talking about your sore finger is not a Musical Technique.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud