Egnater has finally made a Rebel 30 head! Heres the link for it

http://www.egnateramps.com/Rebel30.html

and heres to buy one

http://www.tunnelvisionmusic.com/products/Egnater_Rebel_30W_All_Tube_Guitar_Amp_Head-3525-34.html

It has an effects loop, 2 channels, master volumes for both channels, a bright and tight switch and a few other very nice things. Best of all i think is that they put in an effects loop. And its only 799!
( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote by SLonergan
Can I get a woot woot?

...No? Whatever.
Variable Wattage Control From 1w to 30 w On Each Channel

I'm interested already
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
I'm interested already

unless they changed it from the rebel 20 head, its not an attenuator and doesn't really affect the volume.
Quote by andresmirt
unless they changed it from the rebel 20 head, its not an attenuator and doesn't really affect the volume.

I don't think anyone claimed that it was an attenuator (I really don't follow Egnator, so maybe they did).

Watts =/= volume, necessarily

Watts = power/headroom (or how loud of a signal the amp can produce before it reaches clipping stages).

I'll admit that generally a higher wattage amp does have more volume, however an amps volume is pretty much determined by its circuitry.
Quote by andresmirt

They didn't market it as an attenuator...

it impacts the wattage on your amp... thus impacting the breakup of the power tube... thus impacting your headroom...

There are quite a few threads on Egnater's wattage selector floating around UG.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
I am interested, I could end up getting one of these over the summer if i can't find something better.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I'm pretty sure this is old news. And the price is too high IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
They look to be great
Havent tried one yet, other than the combo.
Its packed with features, including a line out, reverb w spillover, etc.
Im guessing the extra tubes and features is why its really expensive.
I hate the stock cab though.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by mmolteratx
I'm pretty sure this is old news. And the price is too high IMO.

i agree this looks very promising but its pretty expensive.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
Ya well if you dont go 2 many gigs and need something very portable with all the features of a full blown tube amp like me, the rebel 30 is perfect. I believe its under 40 pounds. It was either this or the Vox ac100 but thats kinda heavy. I like the Renegade tho. Would you recommend that over this sound wise? And if so, should i get the 212 version or the Head
( )( )

Quote by SLonergan
Can I get a woot woot?

...No? Whatever.
Quote by Guitarlolz
Ya well if you dont go 2 many gigs and need something very portable with all the features of a full blown tube amp like me, the rebel 30 is perfect. I believe its under 40 pounds. It was either this or the Vox ac100 but thats kinda heavy. I like the Renegade tho. Would you recommend that over this sound wise? And if so, should i get the 212 version or the Head

IMO teh renegade blows the rebel away, but thats because I prefer the power tubes (EL34 and 6L6s) in the renegade to those in the rebel (EL84s and 6V6s). It offers more gain and IMO better tones, especially the 6L6s vs 6V6s. Also, I'd get the head and a good 212 simply because if you ever want another amp, you can buy it in head format and save the money for another cab/a combo.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
IMO teh renegade blows the rebel away, but thats because I prefer the power tubes (EL34 and 6L6s) in the renegade to those in the rebel (EL84s and 6V6s). It offers more gain and IMO better tones, especially the 6L6s vs 6V6s. Also, I'd get the head and a good 212 simply because if you ever want another amp, you can buy it in head format and save the money for another cab/a combo.

Ya thats why Im looking at heads mostely. Im getting an Avatar 212 with either 2 Vintage 30s or 1 V30 and 1 G12T57 (or whatever that thing is in most marshall cabs, or 1 v30 and a classic lead80.... And recommendations on the speakers combination? (no alcinos, theyre too expensive)

Ya i like el34's better too and i need a good amount of gain. I am not familiar with 6l6s and 6v6s tho, but id mostely keep it on the el34 setting becuase i like el's better than 6's
( )( )

Quote by SLonergan
Can I get a woot woot?

...No? Whatever.
Quote by ragingkitty

They didn't market it as an attenuator...

it impacts the wattage on your amp... thus impacting the breakup of the power tube... thus impacting your headroom...

There are quite a few threads on Egnater's wattage selector floating around UG.

i never said they were marketed that way. i know what it does, i own one. i was simply laying it out there since it seemed like the previous poster had that idea, wattage selector from blackheart, vox and the such.