Page 1 of 2
Quote by Våd Hamster
Radiation and muscle loss free of charge?

There are ways around both.

EDIT: Oh great! They are going for the time proven module design that looks crap, but is still functional!

For the love of god, can we not get some people to design a freaking good looking space station / spacecraft that's just as functional as the "lumpy turd" look?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Nov 2, 2009,
I wanna work there

^^^It's not meant for us normal people
Last edited by Oroborous at Nov 2, 2009,
Really rich people I suppose, but no normal person..
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Hey if I had $4.4 million, I'd buy a couple dozen vintage Plexi's and a 59 Burst to boot and still have enough left over buy Hendrix's white Strat. Sounds satisfying to me...

BUT THAT'S JUST ME.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Last edited by IdntNedUrCvlWar at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Hey if I had $4.4 million, I'd buy a couple dozen vintage Plexi's and a 59 Burst to boot and still have enough left over buy Hendrix's white Strat. Sounds satisfying to me...

Um. No.

If the man that own's Jimi's strat would sell that thing for $4.4 million, he's a fool.
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar

BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

Last I checked, that white Strat alone was worth 5 mill. And that was on a poster I had from over 4 years ago.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Quote by Daydream_Goo
Last I checked, that white Strat alone was worth 5 mill. And that was on a poster I had from over 4 years ago.

There was an auction a few years back the guitar went for $170,000
I knew i read that somewhere, meh I don't know.
I'd settle for this though
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/07/16/scorched-hendrix-guitar-going-to-auction-expecting-million-dollar-bid/
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Last edited by IdntNedUrCvlWar at Nov 2, 2009,
1990 it went for 320,760. In 93' 1,132,500. Then a microsoft guy bought it for god knows how much.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
at least it will be a safe place for when the inevitable "we all die" phenomenon occurs
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
It's a sound investment for the company, they now have a huge lead in an industry that will undoubtably grow enormously in the next few years.
Quote by metalh3ad88
It's a sound investment for the company, they now have a huge lead in an industry that will undoubtably grow enormously in the next few years.

See, it seems that way, but how quickly will it grow?

Maybe if it was in a more reasonable price range, I'm sure it would explode in just a few years.
Jimi hendrix is overrated. Why would someone want to pay over 5 million for his guitar?
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
expensive as hell, but theres plenty of people with the money that will do it. im curious how big the thing is gonna be and what theyll have there to do. im pretty sure itll be quite boring until enough time has passed...
If 43 people have already reserved a spot they could actually do really well. If I had the money I'd easily do it.
Quote by catbomb2233
Ahh cool, I wanna float in my sleep, seriously that would feel good.

Till you smack your face on the ceiling.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
hi guys im new here and idk if this is the right thread or not but i just found 4.6 millian $$$ and idk what to do with it lol.

Well this will be a total waste of money, most people wont want to go to a space hotel anyway but a space hotel for 4.4 million i don't think so.
Quote by iforgot120
hi guys im new here and idk if this is the right thread or not but i just found 4.6 millian $$$ and idk what to do with it lol.

Major overload of emotes.
"More than 200 people have expressed an interest in traveling to the space hotel and at least 43 people have already reserved."

from the article

if i had a few mil i'd do it. live in space!
Expectations like that are so far fetched. Remember when people thought by 2005 we'd have robots doing everything for us? It's an interesting concept but I doubt anyone will really feel there's a need for it besides novelty.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Who wouldn't?

I wouldn't.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by josh999x
Well this will be a total waste of money, most people wont want to go to a space hotel anyway but a space hotel for 4.4 million i don't think so.

ಠ_ಠ

Most people that hate kittens and breathing, maybe.

I'm pretty sure everyone else would want to go to a hotel in space, just for the fact that
IT'S IN SPACE.
Quote by archangels666
ಠ_ಠ

Most people that hate kittens and breathing, maybe.

I'm pretty sure everyone else would want to go to a hotel in space, just for the fact that
IT'S IN SPACE.

Sactly.

If i had the dosh i'd go. Just to say "i've been to space"

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by ctb
What's on the menu? CHEESE?
I sure hope there is enough SPACE for all their guests

LOLAGRAM

Edit:
Quote by Yahoo
During their stay, guests would see the sun rise 15 times a day and travel around the world every 80 minutes. They would wear velcro suits so they can crawl around their pod rooms by sticking themselves to the walls like Spiderman.
They would wear velcro suits so they can crawl around their pod rooms by sticking themselves to the walls like Spiderman.
like Spiderman
like Spiderman
Spiderman

I'm going.
Last edited by rigiddigits at Nov 3, 2009,
The Barcelona-based architects of The Galactic Suite Space Resort say it will cost 3 million euro ($4.4 million) for a three-night stay at the hotel, with this price including an eight-week training course on a tropical island.
Sounds like a better deal now, doesn't it?
Quote by archangels666
Linkage.

Pure awesomesauce. Apparently some company plans on opening a hotel in orbit in 2012.

But 4.4 million dollars? I don't see them getting too many visitors if that's the price point for a three-night stay.

But anyway, they don't need that many visitors if that's the price, and the price will gradually go sown as space travel improves.
Quote by archangels666
Linkage.

Pure awesomesauce. Apparently some company plans on opening a hotel in orbit in 2012

But 4.4 million dollars? I don't see them getting too many visitors if that's the price point for a three-night stay.

OMFG the world will end and everyone will be poor?

wait...awesomesauce?
GEAR

Fender Telecaster Standard
Ibanez GAX75
Takamine Jasmine
Last edited by TheElectricity at Nov 3, 2009,
Page 1 of 2