hey guys, for all that don't like chicken or steak, how do you prepare your tofu?
I wanna try a tofu burger.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Tofu is just gross.
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
I had to eat that crap a few times for about a year living with vegans. The answer to that is simple, I don't prepare tofu because is gnarly, except for dessert tofu, which is pretty dec.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
i love tofu. it's so versatile. for the first time, fry it because it takes awhile to get used to the consistency otherwise.
theres nothing wrong with tofu, you just have to get the extra firm kind otherwise its soft and almost jelly-like. for best results freeze it first, then defrost it with weight ontop of it to squeeze out most of the moisture. then its like a sponge that can absorb whatever flavor you want. yeah a steak is better, but tofu has its place.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I bought a package of tofu a while ago, just to see what the heck it really was. And it's basically $4 of nothing. I ended up frying it and dipping it in barbecue sauce.
You have to have extra firm and it's extremely neutral so it is all in the the way you prepare it. Also silkin tofu's and extra soft tofu's are commonly used for making mouse and other desserts.

Tofu in a stir fry is awesome though
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
I've been growing up in an asian household all my life, so I don't mind tofu. It's relatively light, though a bit bland, and it's good for your body and whatnot.

I don't get all this overpriced simulated meat garbage though. You're better off just eating pasta with vegetables or something if you're vegan.

EDIT: Actually, have any of you guys ever heard of stinky tofu?

It's pretty much fermented tofu. I remember my family members loving that stuff whenever I went back to Taiwan.

Apparantly, the taste is great, but I haven't tried it because it literally smells worse than dog shit.
Last edited by piratemetalhead at Nov 2, 2009,
My sister's a vegetarian so once she bought some tofu and let us all taste some. I was the only one in my family (including her) who liked it. But that was the only time I've ever had it.

I'm not sure how it was prepared. It didn't really have a taste. But it was kinda chewy like steak.
Last edited by i_killed_bill at Nov 2, 2009,
I only like it when it's made in to chocolate mousse.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Survivalism
And it's basically $4 of nothing. I ended up frying it and dipping it in barbecue sauce.

*forgets that not everyone has soy sauce laying around the kitchen*
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Never had it, don't plan on it either.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Stir fry tofu is amazing.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
The proper way:

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by DempseyPunk
Stir fry tofu is amazing.

not amazing but the way I mostly eat it. Lots of say sauce and fish sauce too..

also if you cut it up into bight size pieces and marinate it in honey and soy, then fry it up in a stir fry it is yummy yummy.

Or replace the meat with it in a rogan josh style curry.
Quote by Shrexter
I usually eat my tofu on top of a massive steak.

That is so wrong, dude ;D
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by loudog93
hey guys, for all that don't like chicken or steak, how do you prepare your tofu?

Throw it in the bin and then eat some bacon.
I don't know, something that ironically involves eating meat and undermines the whole purpose of eating tofu. Make it up yourself.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Tofu stir fry is ****ing deliecious!!

In other protein related news, i plan to have eggs and something soya chunk related tonight.
Tofu is nasty stuff. No matter how you cook it, its always slimy and tasteless.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Never had the pleasure of tasting it.
He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages