I'm looking to get a new guitar soon, but i'm stuck between a les paul style and strat style guitar. currently i have an epi lp standard (its got a few minor issues) and a johnson strat that i hot rodded (i love it, but the evh paintjob i gave it doesnt always fit every type of gig).
I absolutely love the feel of the strat, but i like the sound of a les paul, but not the feel of the tom bridge. I have a humbucker in my strat but i still doesnt do what the les paul does. I know looks shouldnt matter, but in my mind nothing looks more badass than a les paul. my main style is rock, but ive been getting into a lot of jazz, which is why my strat's paintjob doesnt quite fit every gig.
Im looking to find the best guitar for me basically under 800 dollars. does anyone have any help? I prefer a pretty fat neck, as my strat is fatter than my les paul.
Why settle for a off brand with zero resale value? For $800.00 you can get a brand new Gibson VM Les Paul or a used studio.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
Why settle for a off brand with zero resale value? For $800.00 you can get a brand new Gibson VM Les Paul or a used studio.

because it has the tom bridge which i dont care for. Even though ive heard good things about agile, im at the point where i would like to spend a little more on something with more of a name brand.... There arent any les pauls with floyds under 1000 are there?