Its got a Floyd too! But I need to know if for $699.95 If it comes with a case. The guy I talked to didn't know If it did, so I need to know if Im going to have to put down another $100 or so for a Hard case. I have Soft Cases and Guitar stands, but For long transportation Id need something better.

Does an XPT700 Xiphos come with a case? Ordered from zZounds.
Nice! Pics when it arrives...

And the extra cash for the case is definitely worth it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Does it have on of those chameleon paint jobs too? Those look really cool.
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
I should've got A Chameleon one, but I figured I wanted to be safe and Still look Badass! Yeah, I'll get some Pics of it when it comes.

Course, Im on Backorder, so Its gonna take a while, lol... Also ordered some Elixer Nanoweb strings, and Some GHS fast fret.
its an edge III and not a floyd.

hell man if i knew you were looking for a xiphos, id have let you know im wanting to sell mine. what finish did you get?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Black Finish, and You can buy them with a Floyd, So I do know what Im saying.

Why does everyone seem to be selling their Xiphos? Is it a guitar you get bored of soon? Or what? Ive seen like 3 people selling theirs on UG...
Quote by Life Is Brutal

Why does everyone seem to be selling their Xiphos? Is it a guitar you get bored of soon? Or what? Ive seen like 3 people selling theirs on UG...

Probably because theirs had Edge III and they got sick of the BR00T4lZ shape
oh damn didnt know you could order them with FRs.

i still am not comfortable with a floating trem. i dont use it enough to make it worth having. plus i dont need another guitar and id really like a schecter c-1 classic instead of this.

congrats and sorry you have to wait! nothing is worse than buying something and not getting it right away!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Ibanez doesn't sell guitars with Floyd Rose trem's. They have their own called the Edge and ZR series tremolos.
Well Enough Alone
the edge IS basically an FR, though. the design is more or less identical - the locking bridge & nut as well as the knife edges make it the same.

Anyhow, pointless thread is pointless.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by guitardude11
Ibanez doesn't sell guitars with Floyd Rose trem's. They have their own called the Edge and ZR series tremolos.

but there are some floyds that will fit the edge 3's routing and studs. don't remember which floyd, but i know you can...
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
congrats,

the case does need to be ordered separately order - xp100c

it tells you on the ibanez website whether a case is included

normally it`s just the prestige models that include a case.

the guitar doesn`t have a floyd it`s a edge 3 trem.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by Life Is Brutal
No you can't and no you don't. Your guitar's gonna show up with an Edge III, not a Floyd. They're members of the same gene pool, but not the same product.

Congrats on getting a Xiphos though. They're good guitars from what I remember. I really liked the pickups.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ibanezgod1973
the guitar doesn`t have a floyd it`s a edge 3 trem.

Isn't the Edge III just a licenced floyd rose? Which would mean it's suitable to refer to the Edge III as a 'floyd rose' bridge.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Isn't the Edge III just a licenced floyd rose? Which would mean it's suitable to refer to the Edge III as a 'floyd rose' bridge.
Ibanez calls it an Edge III. It's suitable to call it by the name given by those who produce it.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Ibanez calls it an Edge III. It's suitable to call it by the name given by those who produce it.

How much does that change though? The ts never said his Ibanez was coming with like an Original Floyd Rose or anything they just stated it was coming with a floyd rose, which the Edge III is unless you want to debate that.
Quote by azn_guitarist25

if was a licensed floyd rose it would be stamped on the trem, all ibanez`s are stamped with the ibanez logo......some of the older trems still carry the licensed stamp though.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
if was a licensed floyd rose it would be stamped on the trem, all ibanez`s are stamped with the ibanez logo......some of the older trems still carry the licensed stamp though.

Oh now that's just nitpicking, the Edge III is still a floyd rose style of bridge isn't it?
I agree it probably does not come with a case. I think it's odd but it doesn't surprise me that the guy or a rep for zZounds that is selling it doesn't know that. I have had the same problems with MF I think they just hire people to answer the questions and all they do is look it up on their computers.

I love odd shaped guitars and my biggest problem is finding cases cheap. I have been pretty lucky so far with Ebay and Craigs list. I got two Jackson cases, a few BC Rich cases and several Coffin cases for cheap $$ all under $50.00 the two Jacksons for less than $30.00 ea. The Xiphos is a tuff one I don't think there is a generic case out there that will hold it your probably going to have dig up the Ibanez case for it.

John