Hello bass forum, I have found a Peavey TKO 115 on craigslistat a decent price. I was wondering if anyone here had experience with this specific amp combo and if they could perhaps give a quick crit of the amp.

It's this amp:
http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/102066/TKO%28R%29%20115.cfm

Also, could someone explain the difference in wattage with the change in ohms and the impact it has with tone?

Thank you once again bass forum!
The music department at my school has that exact amp and I get to play with it every once in a while. It's a great amp -- Peavey makes a lot of good stuff. What exactly is "a decent price"? Just curious.

EDIT: Also, ohmage won't affect your tone, except that you get less wattage. So you get less volume. Tone should be unchanged.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Last edited by P-Bass Pirate at Nov 2, 2009,
I've had a lot of experience with this amp. i was in a guys band and he let me use this bass amp instead of lugging my halfstack around.

it was the older version, but it was awesome. has a fantastic tone, and tons of balls. plenty loud too.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
i own a tko 65 and i love it. always use it for practice and even play guitar through it with a distortion pedal.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I usually hear good things from peavey and just wanted to be sure about this specific amp.

@P-bass pirate: Thanks for the info on the ohms and the seller is selling it for a little under 200 dollars(US) which is a great deal compared to MSRP.
I have an early eighties TKO 115, it's treated me pretty well over the years
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
The amp runs at 75 watts on its own and at 100 with an 8 ohm extension cabinet.
My TNT 115 has treated me well for a few years now. They're built like tanks, relatively beer-proof and I've never heard/experienced anything bad about/with Peavey's amps. Go for it.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.