yes, i did search this but was not satisfied with what i found.

So someone here on UG recommended a TC Electronic Nova Repeater to me. at the time i was pretty set on getting a DL4, but after looking into the Nova Repeater, i'm starting to change my mind.

what do yall think about those? what are the pros and cons of each? i'm not asking which is better, i just want to hear from people who have actually used one or the other what they liked/disliked about it and i'll decide for myself which is better. if there's another similar pedal that's loads better, let me know, but i'd prefer to not have 10 people each recommending a different pedal to me.

i see the DL 4 everywhere and it seems to be able to do just about everything, but the Nova Repeater also looks pretty sweet and is a good bit cheaper. i like the looping at presets of the DL4, but the vibrato, chorus, spillover, and the tempo setting from the Nova.

if it helps, i'll be getting a Classic 30 and play an Epi LP and the occasional strat. mostly alt rock and blues

short and sweet:
what are the pros and cons of the TC Electronic Nova Repeater and the Line 6 DL4?
i have played with the nova repeater and considered buying it because i liked it a lot
however, the tone of the delay isn't so great, they sound pretty shrill and weak... which is the only turnoff on this pedal, since it's got some of the best features in its price range
You should compare the Nova Delay and the DL4, not the Repeater. I prefer the tone of the Nova Delay although they're both great pedals, just different.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
You should compare the Nova Delay and the DL4, not the Repeater. I prefer the tone of the Nova Delay although they're both great pedals, just different.

so they sound that different? i kind of assumed it was the same sound just different features. the price is one of the big reasons i'm looking at the repeater, although i would rather pay more to get something better if there's really that big a difference.
Quote by sandyman323
so they sound that different? i kind of assumed it was the same sound just different features. the price is one of the big reasons i'm looking at the repeater, although i would rather pay more to get something better if there's really that big a difference.

Yes, quite different IMO. I'd definitely try them out first. Like darkflame, I found the Repeater to be quite shrill. The Nova Delay sounds better to my ears. The Nova Delay and DL4 are the same price. Both are fully featured and it really comes down to preference. I prefer the Nova Delay while I know people who prefer the DL4. Neither one should be that hard to find in a store to try out.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
when I told u about the nova repeater I also said to try it out because some guys just dont like the tone of the thing. In that price range. I also talked about the Memory Man with hazaraai. If u like EHX it's worth checking it. Should be in the same price range
as someone who has owned, gigged with and LOVED the dl4 for 7plus years, I have to say that having 3 delay sounds available on tap is REALLY useful, i cant imagine how the nova delay or repeater could match that level of functionality even if you can store presets (unlike the DL4) and even if it does have some desirable features over the DL4, like spill over, vibrato and chorus, but really, who in the audience relly notices you are using a delay with spill over? and why not leave chorus and vibrato to chorus and vibrato pedals?

also, that nova doesnt look half as durable as the DL4

just my opinion :-)

i think whichever you buy you will be pleased with it tho
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
i find the nova to be a bit more convincing than the dl4, but for functional live use, the dl4's easier to work with imo.

what particular delay sounds are you going for?