i know the majority on this site is metal. but for anyone thats into blues i was just wondering if any1 else has experienced the tremendous sigh of relief that goes along with finally getting this song down.
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Quote by uncboy19
i know the majority on this site is metal. but for anyone thats into blues i was just wondering if any1 else has experienced the tremendous sigh of relief that goes along with finally getting this song down.

yeah, i tried learning it in the first 3 months of playing, gave up, and tried again a couple of months later and got it, it made me quite happy

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
The band I'm in plays Little Wing. We rehearse it almost all the time too. It's quite an easy song to play, but then again I'm playing the drums.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
now try the SRV version

haha the SRV version is ridiculous. im gonna enjoy playing the jimi version for awhile then try to take on that monster
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Quote by uncboy19

would little wing be considered hard or easy?
Quote by lez-paul
would little wing be considered hard or easy?

that depends on your experience level, and applying what you already know in terms of chord and scale recognition.

TS:-the site is called ultimate guitar and to me that suggests everything about guitar playing and equipment, yes alot of the news articles are directed to popular guitar music so that includes a lot of metal (like most guitar magazines).......but you`ll find people here that enjoy all guitar related music not just metal.
Quote by SPBY
yeah, i tried learning it in the first 3 months of playing, gave up, and tried again a couple of months later and got it, it made me quite happy

5mo. of play and you got little wing? Very impressive. I have the general flow of it, but still can't seem to get it to sound the way I want it to.
Little Wing is almost a right of passage, so to speak. I learned Lenny right after it. Great stuff.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Little wing is one of those 'a week to learn, a lifetime to perfect' songs.

I started with the SRV version, worked steadily, and now am trying to put my own spin whenever I play it. It still sounds robotic compared to the greats though.
Same here, I have a recording up of a cover I did of it, it does take a lifetime to perfect, as ljohn said. IT's amazing you learned after 5 months, it took me 2 years after I started playing to get it, the SRV version though.
[ ZAKK ]

Gear:
Dean Dimebag Far Beyond Driven tribute ML
Epiphone () Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Paul
Dunlop Dimebag Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Line 6 Spider III 12x10 120 watt
(very loud)