Hey there.

Just a quick question. Do you guys think 11-49 are too thick for standard and occasional drop d? Should I go with 10s? I don't want them to be TOO loose, but I also don't want difficulty playing, especially bends and such.

Thanks.
I used to use .11s for standard. Now I use .12s and .13s. What kind of guitar do you have? If it's a short scale like Gibson I'd recommend using nothing lighter than .11s for standard. If it's a longer scale like a Fender, you could get away with .10s.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
49 isnt that thick, i dont think you have any problems ...

But if you havent played on 11's before then you will find some difficulty playing on standard at first.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I'd recommend going with .11s then. It might take you a week or two to get used to it but your tone will be better.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Sounds like a plan. Would you say the same for a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR? I will be picking one up in the near future. Until now I was ignorant of guitar scale, otherwise I'd figure it out on my own. : P
You should be good with .10s on that one. You could go as light as .9s if you really wanted to but I'd recommend sticking with the .10s.

For reference, a long scale is typically 25.5", a short is 24.75" and a PRS type is 25".
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Thanks. So longer scale lower gauge, shorter scale higher gauge, and PRS would be somewhere in the middle?
Quote by Romanne
Thanks. So longer scale lower gauge, shorter scale higher gauge, and PRS would be somewhere in the middle?

You can put whatever you want on a PRS scale although I'd go with the higher guage stuff because I like the feel. That's just a general guideline as well. You can do whatever, that's just the conventional way and the way I feel is best.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT