Page 1 of 2
sounds like a 6505 to me.....
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I don't think anyone was ever questioning what the tone of the amp would be like, it was more the reliability aspect.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
It's a bit different than a 6505 to my ears, might be the camera though. What'll make or break this amp for me is the clean channel.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
It's a bit different than a 6505 to my ears, might be the camera though. What'll make or break this amp for me is the clean channel.

The cleans are the same mediocre ones we all know and love.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Wow. I didn't know Peavey was gonna do something like this. Maybe my dreams of a 6505 aren't so far off? Hopefully it's solid.
Doesn't sound too bad.

In fact I kind of dig it.
Peavey is finally taking a little bit of action against Bugera.

Let's just hope they aren't fighting like Bugera is.
*Imagines the "6505 + unreliability" bandwagon of tomorrow*
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Doesn't sound too bad.

In fact I kind of dig it.
Peavey is finally taking a little bit of action against Bugera.

Let's just hope they aren't fighting like Bugera is.
*Imagines the "6505 + unreliability" bandwagon of tomorrow*

Hope a local shop will have some of them soonish. I would love to demo this side-to-side with a 6505 head.
Quote by Romanne
Hope a local shop will have some of them soonish. I would love to demo this side-to-side with a 6505 head.

I might try and go to a guitar center and ask for assistance in making a video.

6505 + head and 6505 + combo both into a Radial headbone going out to a 412 Cabinet.

The ultimate test to see if they really are the same.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I might try and go to a guitar center and ask for assistance in making a video.

6505 + head and 6505 + combo both into a Radial headbone going out to a 412 Cabinet.

The ultimate test to see if they really are the same.

I would love you long time if you did that. Seriously.
I would just need to talk to one of the workers, I'm pretty popular with most of them.
If anything it would be a MAJOR publicity bump for Peavey over Bugera that I am willing to supervise .
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I would just need to talk to one of the workers, I'm pretty popular with most of them.
If anything it would be a MAJOR publicity bump for Peavey over Bugera that I am willing to supervise .

well if your review is biased it will be hard to take seriously. What will you say if it sucks?

just being devils advocate here....
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
well if your review is biased it will be hard to take seriously. What will you say if it sucks?

just being devils advocate here....

Never said I am biased.

If it makes you feel better I will include the 6262 in the demo?
I said I was willing to supervise.
If it sucks I'm going to say that it sucks.
Plain and simple.

EDIT: Keep in mind tone is subjective and that it's the viewers opinion that matters, not mine.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Nov 3, 2009,
Those videos remind me how much I hate the sound of this thing straight out of the box. The top end fizz and mid range hump on the dry lead channel is nasty.

However, put a decent od/boost and an eq through the crunch channel and you have a Mesa beater.
Last edited by haz_uk at Nov 3, 2009,
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Never said I am biased.

If it makes you feel better I will include the 6262 in the demo?
I said I was willing to supervise.
If it sucks I'm going to say that it sucks.
Plain and simple.

EDIT: Keep in mind tone is subjective and that it's the viewers opinion that matters, not mine.

it was the major publicity boost for peavey comment that kinda had me worried. you are absolutely correct, tone is subjective (for instance, i loooove stupid amounts of gain).

Basically, the point i was getting at is a fair description is priceless(notice how the guitar world guy loves everything?).

I'm looking forward to seeing how the 6505 112 compares. If you include include a guitar with high output passives, that would be nice. i think everyone knows the how the 6505 and actives sound.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
tried one yesterday it just sounded like a regular 6505+ to me but as the guy above says you cant judge it out of the box because it takes time to dial in, is very dependant on which guitar you play it with, what speaker you use (to kill the shrilly his and mids) and if you are using an od to smooth it out a bit.
I'm not a huge 6505 fan anyway but I don't see the point of a 60 watt 1x12 combo. Weight and price I guess.
Quote by fretz86
I'm not a huge 6505 fan anyway but I don't see the point of a 60 watt 1x12 combo. Weight and price I guess.

Bingo.
Thanks for posting this. I liked how it sounded for just a single persons first run at the amp. Obviously Id like to hear with other guitars, lower tunings, etc, but this sounds unmistakeable 6505 to me, which is, well, the point. I'm getting one of these most likely.
Still waiting for mine... To people in this thread who have actually seen them in person, where are you finding them?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Is it just me... or is that thing ****ing HUGE for a 1x12 combo!?!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Is it just me... or is that thing ****ing HUGE for a 1x12 combo!?!

According to Peavey's website, its dimensions arent that different from a Valveking. Its about an inch taler but not quite as wide or deep. It is, however, quite heavier (61 lbs vs. 41). I actually think the opposite, that the guy playing it is a little 5'4" weiner.
Last edited by GuitarDTO at Nov 3, 2009,
I can't really say I liked that tone in that video, but I'd have to try it myself first.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
need moar br00tz...
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
just me or does it have like, no bass response at all?

Maybe I'm just use to listening to assorted halfstacks... but seriously, just no oomph behind it, know what i mean? and tell the guy to lay off the pinches, it's not the late 80's anymore.

I'd like a shot at eqing one of these, but i know in shops over here they'll be the best part of 1200-1500AUD. When converted back, that puts them at 1,084.96 - 1,356.04USD... can probs haggle them down 20-30% but still, that's just ridiculous.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by DrNick
Still waiting for mine... To people in this thread who have actually seen them in person, where are you finding them?

A few local stores have gotten them in.

Quote by R.D
just me or does it have like, no bass response at all?

Maybe I'm just use to listening to assorted halfstacks... but seriously, just no oomph behind it, know what i mean? and tell the guy to lay off the pinches, it's not the late 80's anymore.

It is a camera microphone. The one I played had enough bass response for me. Most of the tonal differences were the result of the 1X12 combo and the crap speaker. The Sheffield would be the first thing to go if I bought it. This guy's settings blow too.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Nov 3, 2009,
It was one series of video folks. Yikes, there will be many many more to come with better settings, m0Ar Bro0tAlz and different guitars.

I know personally, I'm mainly looking forward to plugging this into my Avatar 2x12 with a V30 and G12T75, so I don't really care how the stock speaker sounds.
Would be interesting to hear it micced. Right now the camera seems to be clipping.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I think this will be a legit amp, for bedroom players and modders alike. Don't really like the fact that peavey feels they need to make the 6505 combos larger than life...the 212 is such a pain in the ass. It'd be cool to get a 112 and chop it, re-tolex it, and make it into a head.
Quote by SayAnything
I think this will be a legit amp, for bedroom players

I don't think so.
Quote by Gundamnitpete
it was the major publicity boost for peavey comment that kinda had me worried. you are absolutely correct, tone is subjective (for instance, i loooove stupid amounts of gain).

Basically, the point i was getting at is a fair description is priceless(notice how the guitar world guy loves everything?).

I'm looking forward to seeing how the 6505 112 compares. If you include include a guitar with high output passives, that would be nice. i think everyone knows the how the 6505 and actives sound.

I hate active pickups, I'll probably use my Customized guitar, a Strat, and a SG.
Quote by SayAnything
To each is own, I'd use the 112 for a bedroom amp

Yea I guess. You could use a 120w full stack as a bedroom amp if you want.

Just because it only has one speaker doesn't mean it's going to be quieter - just less full. It's going to be the same volume as the 212. It's sweet spot will be between 3 and 7 on the post gain....and 3 is very loud.

By your logic, if you use this as a bedroom amp... then the 5150/6505 212's are fine too.

But you're right, to each their own.
In the sense that people using 6505s and similar amps are looking for preamp gain, not power tube breakup, this will be a good bedroom amplifier. You can pump up the preamp and keep the post levels down and there you have it.

If I had the space and the money to spend, I would go out and get myself a 6505 half stack. I don't have either so the 112 is what I'd opt for.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
^ My 5150 combo is just way too thin down that low on the post gain. Bedroom vol on these things are <1 (.5 really).
^Is there a shop in Canada that has these on order and expecting in November? Just askin.

If the 112 is a tad more narrow but 1" taller than a Valveking I'd say it will work especially well if you need to transport it a lot. Also, if it is being made in the same factory as the Valvekings, then my hunch will be that the quality will actually be pretty decent for the money. The Valvekings were the first Peavey amps to be made in China IIRC (could be wrong on that) but my point is they have had several years now making the VK over there. I don't see why the 6505 112 would have any major issues out to the gate.

I am also guessing that Peavey has made a substantial number of these amps but are trickling some out there for now and soon enough they will be everywhere.

PS: I wasn't really complaining about the video so much as just really wanting to hear more. I realized it was a video cam and a certain playing style. Happy to have something I guess.
I don't know if they are in stock in Canada yet, just assuming they would be the same as the U.S. on delivery dates. Hopefully by the end of the month when I'm there they will have one, I might have to ship one up from the US (free) and it will probably be cheaper anyways.
Page 1 of 2