Maybe it's just me, but I find your rhythmic interpretation very hard to listen to
You might be a decent singer, but anything there is destroyed by your lack of rythm and guitar playing. Get a guitarist/band and you could be good, I really can't even tell with this.
Quote by MartyredHero
You might be a decent singer, but anything there is destroyed by your lack of rythm and guitar playing. Get a guitarist/band and you could be good, I really can't even tell with this.

Aww I thought my guitar playing was good, although I'll be the first to admit there were some timing issues

Maybe you would prefer one of my other singing videos;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBYJz3FgAI

Although I hadn't had singing lessons at the time, the band might do it for you.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Pitch is decent. Not perfect, but good overall.

You're not singing from the throat and you're staying well within your range.

You seem to have some resonance in your mid-range. I don't want to blame your voice, but the song doesn't appear to give you much room to show off any resonance you might have, particularly as you want some of those higher notes to 'blossom' for full effect.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Hey man first and foremost i just want to say that i respect you as both a musician and a regular around any forum on UG and youve given me plenty of great advice, aloso you have a decent voice not great by any means but passable at its worst. However no offense but im just not diggin your sound, i can see how some could and like i said its a good voice itzs just not far me sorry bud, and i apologize if i offended you with what i said
Quote by dmiwshicldply
Hey man first and foremost i just want to say that i respect you as both a musician and a regular around any forum on UG and youve given me plenty of great advice, aloso you have a decent voice not great by any means but passable at its worst. However no offense but im just not diggin your sound, i can see how some could and like i said its a good voice itzs just not far me sorry bud, and i apologize if i offended you with what i said

Matey - I've only been taking singing lessons for 4 months. I don't expect to be decent yet Passable is just fine for the length of time I've been singing.

I've appreciated all the comments so far. You really can't hurt me so just say what's on your mind.
Soundcloud
It's not awful, that's for sure, but what you're doing is closer to speaking on pitch than singing. It is rhythmically awkward, but I just think it's more that you're not necessarily nailing any notes that's the issue here.

You're a good guitar player, I don't know what MartyredHero is talking about.
Quote by AlanHB
Matey - I've only been taking singing lessons for 4 months. I don't expect to be decent yet Passable is just fine for the length of time I've been singing.

I've appreciated all the comments so far. You really can't hurt me so just say what's on your mind.

Well in that case keep on rocking
Your vocals are not that bad.......I've heard a lot worse. Keep working on it. Like mentioned before, you sound more like you're speaking rather than singing.
Keep up with your singing lessons, you should be able to develop your pitch, tone, articulation and dynamics.

Like most things.....the more you practice, the better you'll get.
Your singing is far from poor, man. Pretty laid back and easy to listen to. It was hard to make out a good amount of the words you were saying...but that may have just been because it was shot with a video camera, and I know how those built in camera mics are. I'd just recommend giving it a little more power, gotta be confident with singing, ya know? You can't be reserved or else it gets all muddled. But this was a very chill song, so the quiet, reserved vocals are to be expected. Good job man.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
This wasn't the worst I have ever heard but I will give you this piece of advice. If you are planning on continueing to perform in front of a crowd and make a decent living at it, sing every song like it's the first and last time you're gonna sing it. In other words, feel what you are singing, put your heart and soul into your performance and you will go far! Best wishes, bro!
Quote by wanderer33
This wasn't the worst I have ever heard but I will give you this piece of advice. If you are planning on continueing to perform in front of a crowd and make a decent living at it, sing every song like it's the first and last time you're gonna sing it. In other words, feel what you are singing, put your heart and soul into your performance and you will go far! Best wishes, bro!

Great observation mate. I'm having a really hard time relating to song lyrics and it can really show sometimes. I don't listen to lyrics when I listen to songs so I usually derive it's emotive value from the melody line of the vocals rather than the lyrics.

My singing teacher told me "think about how you feel about your girlfriend", and then realised who she was talking to and said "well think about how you should think about your girlfriend"

Also the "speaking on pitch" comment is also an appropriate observation.

All criticism gives me points to work upon so I really like hearing more.

In relation to performing to make a decent living, well I have a degree to make a decent living, and have been performing as a guitarist for years so I have the confidence to perform on stage. I hope it shows through that I'm comfortable up there. I'm just working on my singing now to get it up to the proper level to really engage an audience.
Soundcloud
Yah dude you look comfortable. Bad mic doesnt help you at all. I dont think your vocal teacher is doing much though for you. Very little resonance, Not much emotion in the song, and the "head voice" so to speak seems to be all thats showing up although thats impossible. You need to learn to use almost your abdomen to create resonance. The song to didnt showcase your stuff, and I actually thought the guitar sounded great, rythmy but its hard to pefect that fro anyone. You have a good start, good sounding voice for slower ballad type stuff, just have fun with it and practice lots ;P
Quote by soapwarrior
I dont think your vocal teacher is doing much though for you.

Ahh, nothing could be further from the truth on this point, despite your other valid ones. I keep recordings of myself on youtube from when I started, just because they're so horrible. This is far better, yet still being of average quality. The only difference is that I've recieved vocal training in the last couple of months. It really has made a big difference.

I have a feeling that I may be in the same boat that Axeman was, ie: not a natural singer, but on the slow path to being trained to be one.
Soundcloud
I am definately sure your vocal coach has made progress and as you say you may not be a natural singer but your doing quite well. But with a couple months of training and practice the vocals should be not that advanced or even able to hit crazy notes but should be getting more resonance. Are you practicing pushing your voice not to the point of any pain but just to increase your range and power,as your voice is fairly soft No slams here man Im not trying to knock you or your teach just trying to get a different angle on it. I found that working within scales on a music instrument I could find the right pitches better, which your good with but on the highest notes and the lowest add some vibrato or try and this makes it a familiar feeling in numerous tones. It helped me alot not that Im a fantastic singer by any means.

Regards
Everyone learns at different speeds. More practice on my behalf would also increase the rate at which I learn. Just to hit the notes alone is an achievement for me
Soundcloud