Ok so i might be deciding on buying a squier with a maple fingerboard and black strat body,if i do im going to completely customize it with a gretsch filtertron bridge pickup in the neck ,a dimarzio super distortion pickup in the bridge and a single coil in the neck. i know the sounds weird and nuts and your probably thinking wtf!!!,but this way the gat will be my own and i can play both of the genres i like playing on 1 gat and they should sound awesome.

I hope i can get a strong malcolm young tone, out of the filtertron and abit of a twang,and iron maiden and some heavy 80's tones.
Unfortunately i have no photoshop so i cant do a mockup but i think it will look cool.Or weird.Either way if i dont i will never end up using my filtertron after all the crap i went through to get it

What do you think of this idea???
I have a Super Distortion in the bridge of my strat and I can get Iron Maiden tones pretty easily and just sounds good in general.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
You have two pickups in the neck?

Also, a bridge pickup in the neck position will not sound the same as it would be in the bridge position.
Quote by guitarcam123

Also, a bridge pickup in the neck position will not sound the same as it would be in the bridge position.

single in middle and yea i figured the second but cant have 2 pickups in the bridge
if you want a cool mock-up program check out kisekae guitars. i don't have the link, but if you type that into google you'll find it.

anyway sounds interesting! i'm doing something sort of similar with a guitar i'm working on right now. looking to get lots of tones out of it.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
i am also thinking of getting a floyd rose and relic-ing this guitar similar to mick mars'.
what do you think?
Quote by guitarcam123

there was a guitar on ebay with a dimarzio X2N in the neck, i loled.

there was a bc rich bronze BDSM pickup in the bridge! hahahahha

i wanna buy it, swap the pups over... but i dont have the money... :/
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.