Hey guys
I've started re-working a song I wrote a few months ago the other day. I don't have too much down at the moment but I'm just not too sure if it flows very well and I'd love some feedback.

It's called 'Unnamed'
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Drummerrrrr%3F/music/all/play731904

I've recorded it with vocals in mind so some bits are a bit empty and stretched out.
Last edited by Drummerrrrr? at Nov 11, 2009,
Wow that beginning is pretty crazy, the reverse volume swells. I would suggest having the volume swells have more reverb or delay to take up some more room in the mix. Very nice recording otherwise though, the use of different volumes and stereo is pretty good for what I'm assuming is an amateur recording. Some good riffs overall, just some more arrangement and the vocals you mentioned would give me a better idea as to where it's coming from.

C4C?:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1224536
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Great playing bro. I liked the rough recording and the unnamed track.
I like how the unnamed track starts off slow and speeds up just a little towards the end.
I have other songs on youtube in my videos all of which are very rough recordings but there are pretty decent songs from what everyone tells me.
Sounds good. It reminded of the band bush for some reason. pretty mellow. the drums sounded weird when they came in. i think the idea is good for the drums, but it needs executed differently. not bad not bad. keep up the good work.
Not bad, not bad at all, your timing sounded pertty good, everything seemed to be on time, I actually really enjoyed the track. Except the rim sound in your drum track, that dosent need to be there. You also have very nice sounding cymbols.

Crit mine? Its on my profile called "Learn The Hard Way(demo)".
I didn't really think the clean guitar really worked that well, thanks for the feedback =D

Quote by ethan_hanus
Not bad, not bad at all, your timing sounded pertty good, everything seemed to be on time, I actually really enjoyed the track. Except the rim sound in your drum track, that dosent need to be there. You also have very nice sounding cymbols.

Crit mine? Its on my profile called "Learn The Hard Way(demo)".

I actually can't get rid of that click, the program I use is a trial and so it adds clicks in to convince me to pay up for the full version >.>

Quote by CatharsisStudio
songs pretty chill or well the intro is. the recording quality is god awfull though learn to pan the guitars but i really like your clean writting

Hahaha, thanks for checking it out ;D
Last edited by Drummerrrrr? at Nov 5, 2009,
Good songwriting in both of your songs, but I think they really need some sort of melodies (either vocals or guitar melodies) to make them memorable. But you've got good foundations to make some interesting melodies.

Also, for the clean guitar on Rough Recording, I think for the first chord you should not be hitting the same note on two strings so much, the chord could be fleshed out a lot more that way. And for that first distorted passage on Unamed, I recommend using a bit less gain, it will make the guitars sound a lot clearer.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
I've finished it off. Not very good quality still, I just added to what I had before but you can get a decent idea of the song. I hope to get a proper recording done with vocals sometime and real drums.

Oh and forget the ending lol

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Drummerrrrr%3F/music/all/play731904
I listenned to this track and really thought to myself "This is song youd hear on the radio!" Very cool dude. I know the recording quality isnt that good but I liked it. At least I could hear what all was going on and where. I do agree with whoever siad that the rim shots didnt need to be there. I also think the vol-swells should be worked on. I think they should be less invasive to the ears when they cut off. Over all though: Good job.
Play the Art that Plays