hey all,
i was thinking if it would be possible to use a volume pedal as an attenuator, ie.crank up everything on my amp and keep the volume low through the volume pedal.

do u think i would be able to take full advantage of the Vox VT30 sound like that or would it be crap?

and if so, what's the best volume pedal out there?

cheers
No, because all you're doing is throttling the signal that goes into the amp in the first place.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The VT30 is not a tube amp and has a built in attentuator.

Damn, 2005'ers aren't that intelligent as everyone here think.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
you dont need to crank it to get that great tube tone as it has a SS power amp. And it has power level control anyways.
i know that the VT30 has a built in attenuator because i have this amp. but when i use the attenuator at lower volume it still loses some feel.

but thx for clarifying that i can not use the volume pedal as an attenuator.
And also you don't need an attentuator because you don't have a tube amp.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
You are going to lose the feel no matter what you do. That's the problem with low volume.
LOL, 311 I had too many beers when I posted that last night. I listened to the clips this morning and my playing sucked so I deleted the post. I left the clips on my profile for a while but didn't want to draw attention to it. Also I noticed that the clips didn't sound the same as I was hearing them. So I'm going to redo the Muff demo and adjust the settings so the recording sounds closer to what I am hearing.

Funny how alcohol makes you think you sound better than you do.
Quote by fly135

It does the same thing with women and my eyes.....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by fly135
LOL, 311 I had too many beers when I posted that last night. I listened to the clips this morning and my playing sucked so I deleted the post. I left the clips on my profile for a while but didn't want to draw attention to it. Also I noticed that the clips didn't sound the same as I was hearing them. So I'm going to redo the Muff demo and adjust the settings so the recording sounds closer to what I am hearing.

Trust me, I know.

Well, I didn't even open the thread when I saw it I was just going to circle back and give you a gratz. Make sure you do one when you get it sorted.

I use a volume pedal in my effects loop and set in like 9/10 but it is no attenuater as mentioned.