Frank's son Dweezil has a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRXnPcIK1V8

He goes through Frank's old guitars and things that were done to them. Like octavia switch, coil tapping etc.

I don't know anything about this kind of stuff and I would really appreciate if someone could elaborate a bit on where I could find some of these in-guitar effects and tricked out things.

Thanx.

P.S. If you play guitar you will enjoy what you see. Please watch the video.
crazy video and rig, i don't know anything about customizing, but woah that was insane!
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
I really enjoyed the video. There is way too much to elaborate on, but if you could specify which guitar you are intersted in, I can try to point you in the right direction.

BTW- I was almost over my GASing for a Hagstrom Viking. Thanks alot!
I assume he's on about the SG with the octavia/fuzz thing built in? (only at 11 minutes in thevideo, keep having to pause, sorry).

I have often thought that myself, it's my favourite one of Zappa's guitar mods, as it allows for easy changing of the EQ for like different songs without going to the amp.
Yeah I'm mainly interested in the SG with the "coil-tapping" and "octavia/fuzz" switch.

I would also like to know much more about the multi-pin connector featured in the video but I doubt anyone can help me there. and thats okay.

But I really want to know how to do stuff like this. Like would I have to drill out my guitar to fit in extras? I don't know how its done. Any help would be awesome.

Thanx a lot to all of you!!!
Having to route your guitar is necessary sometimes, unnecesary other times.Depends what type. On a Strat, you might not need any routing, just drilling. No matter what, drilling is required.
I'm not sure how big ModBoards are. I've seen pics, but that's it.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by EpiphonicEbonix
Yeah I'm mainly interested in the SG with the "coil-tapping" and "octavia/fuzz" switch.

I would also like to know much more about the multi-pin connector featured in the video but I doubt anyone can help me there. and thats okay.

But I really want to know how to do stuff like this. Like would I have to drill out my guitar to fit in extras? I don't know how its done. Any help would be awesome.

Thanx a lot to all of you!!!

The multi-pin connector tht Dweezil was on about making it sound like an organ, seems like technology which wouldn't be too easy to find nowadays, but, if you have a MIDI input to your guitar, there are various things you can do with MIDI to do the same thing. These are quite common so it shouldn't be hard to get the parts, not sure about installation.

And I don't know about the actual wiring, but I'm assuming he just stuck the same circuitry from a pedal of the same style in his guitar.
You'd have to (more than likely, unless you want the backplate coming off ) make your back cavity bigger (unless you're using a strat, where it'd be best to hollow out the area just under the pickups), then obviously drill any holes for the pots.
My knowledge is very basic on this sorta stuff so sorry I can't help you more.
Quote by end_citizen
Coil tapping isn't a problem. Look in GB&C resource thread at the top. Look at "The Ultimate Wiring Thread."

They can also tell you how to put the effect into your guitar. Here's the Green Ringer:

http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=46

Just click "Layout"

WOAH! Thanx. There are tons of effect circuit's on this site. What a great resource. Thanx. I've never built a circuit board but there's a first time for everything.

Someone showed me this too.
http://store.guitarfetish.com/modboards.html

re-made mod boards. pretty cool.